Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
aypoch

aypoch

Smiley Face

aypoch

aypoch

This is a Forum, better still a Community as detailed by the the word at the start of the website address. As such, this is me with my opinion such that it is...

Yep, I used the word "such" twice in the same sentence.

Sweet Mother of Divine Jesus, what the hell have you done with this overhaul Sub? A couple of years ago this was my go to Mod.... just resparked to find out that in order to repair a bone knife I have to stop and gather resources to craft a repair kit to repair it with? (Yep, used "repair" twice in the same sentence...) Just a point of order, why don't I open my crafting menu and hit Craft a Bone Knife for another 10 bones instead of collecting resources to repair it such as Resin, Plant Fibres, Branches, Bone and Stone? This would imply at it's core that you have over complicated the mod for no reason. What you started as a UI overhaul has pushed this mod into a niche market which makes me and others uncomfortable. I understand the addiction of modding but at what cost to the end user. Sure, I know the usual responses.... "nobody is forcing you to play it...", "if you don't like it go somewhere else...", "the developer is giving of their own free time to heighten your end user experience..." yadda yadda yadda.

I recall years ago you making posts saying life stuff got in the way of you updating the mod etc. Kudos for speaking up, and there were those of us that posted our support for you. Remember that time? The crushing pressure you were feeling which was for the most part self generated and self actualised?  But why derail the project into an abortion that has wandered so far from your original UI concept? And now a project that consumes all of your waking time to benefit a shrinking audience. As freeloading consumers we throw ourselves into DF, WotW and even Joke Mod for a varied vanilla experience. Because they are Funsies. Let's be honest we are loot goblins. Loot Goblins detest walls between them and their looties. "Ohhh....... shiney...."#

TFP rename a Tree Stump resource in the code from treestump to tree_stump and you spend 3 days wondering why your code is busted.

Your love child has taken on a life of it's own so far removed from the fun of killing zombies that it better belongs in a crafting genre than one of Dying in 7 days. Why would I bother building a 7 Day Horde Night base when it takes 2 dozen mechanics to propagate resources let alone maintain those resources on the fly during the core event. And before people quote that comment I refer them to....  "nobody is forcing you to play it...", "if you don't like it go somewhere else...", "the developer is giving of their own free time to heighten your end user experience..."