Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

On 10/6/2024 at 9:01 AM, Mister Forgash said:

This game is an abomination to COMMON SENSE!!

It is, actually, an abomination to common aestethic sense to fish bottles of water, "murky" or otherwise, from toilets and coffee pots when there are rivers and streams and ditches and even a waterworks from which to draw water to boil for drinking in the game. Would you actually do that yourself were an apocalypse of any kind taking place? Oh, sure, you might fill a bathtub to flush the toilets and what have you, but I very much doubt you'd drink that. But, of course, we all know it's not drinking water TFP have an issue with but glue and duct tape. Not to mention that more and more video games are concerned solely with mechanics and RNG while aesthetics are ever more rarely given the time of day.

I sincerely doubt the vast majority of people playing the game are at all interested in exploiting the game's systems, yet TFP appear to be determined to shut down anything and everything, common sensical or not, that could possibly be "exploited" by min-maxers and speed runners and "meta" gamers, which is a patent impossibility. Not all (and likely not most) players of video games are min-maxers and speed runners and meta gamers who make it their mission in life to find ways to game a game and would prefer "survival" (or "immersive") mechanics make a modicum of sense. I can completely understand that point of view whether anyone disagrees with the view holders or not.

It's been said (and demonstrated ad infinitum, I'm sure) that smithing skills can be artificially inflated in Skyrim by crafting hundreds of iron daggers to accomplish the task. I've never done so myself because purposely seeking out "exploits" in video games has never been a goal for me. I'm usually there to enjoy the game world. So I can easily see why it looks like an "abomination" from an aesthetic point of view. TFP could have changed the recipe for glue; eliminated the retrieval of a bottle once purified water was consumed from it; etc.; if it really bothered them so much that a minority of players will spend dozens of their real lifetime hours building as many water purifiers as possible in Fallout 4 and 76 just to make a boatload of caps they wouldn't otherwise whereas others will build the minimum required to support a settlement.

It wouldn't hurt this community in the least, imo, to try and see and understand multiple points of view on any subject regardless the decisions TFP chooses to make about the game's mechanics.

InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

It is, actually, an abomination to common aestethic sense to fish bottles of water, "murky" or otherwise, from toilets and coffee pots when there are rivers and streams and ditches and even a waterworks from which to draw water to boil for drinking in the game. Would you actually do that yourself were an apocalypse of any kind taking place? Oh, sure, you might fill a bathtub to flush the toilets and what have you, but I very much doubt you'd drink that. But, of course, we all know it's not drinking water TFP have an issue with but glue and duct tape. Not to mention that more and more video games are concerned solely with mechanics and RNG while aesthetics are ever more rarely given the time of day.

I sincerely doubt the vast majority of people playing the game are at all interested in exploiting the game's systems, yet TFP appear to be determined to shut down anything and everything, common sensical or not, that could possibly be "exploited" by min-maxers and speed runners and "meta" gamers, which is a patent impossibility. Not all (and likely not most) players of video games are min-maxers and speed runners and meta gamers who make it their mission in life to find ways to game a game and would prefer "survival" (or "immersive") mechanics make a modicum of sense. I can completely understand that point of view whether anyone disagrees with the view holders or not.

It's been said (and demonstrated ad infinitum, I'm sure) that smithing skills can be artificially inflated in Skyrim by crafting hundreds of iron daggers to accomplish the task. I've never done so myself because purposely seeking out "exploits" in video games has never been a goal for me. I'm usually there to enjoy the game world. So I can easily see why it looks like an "abomination" from an aesthetic point of view. TFP could have changed the recipe for glue; eliminated the retrieval of a bottle once purified water was consumed from it; etc.; if it really bothered them so much that a minority of players will spend dozens of their real lifetime hours building as many water purifiers as possible in Fallout 4 and 76 just to make a boatload of caps they wouldn't otherwise whereas others will build the minimum required to support a settlement.

It wouldn't hurt this community in the least, imo, to try and see and understand multiple points of view on any subject regardless the decisions TFP chooses to make about the game's mechanics.