Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Uncle Al

Uncle Al

41 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Basically the same thing, tbh; and acting like the player/outsider interpretation of reacting-to-players is somehow unjustified isn't helpful.

I'm not going to assume JaWoodle was lying when he said he met QA, and was jokingly referred to as a "nemesis". QA would be stupid not to keep tabs on a guy providing them literal free labour in his testing series. They're not stupid.

I'd say challenging unsupported assumptions is often helpful, and that cuts both ways. Joel and Rick could be crazy control freaks for all I know, and drunkenly shoot up pick up trucks* while ranting about 'those damn exploiters'. They have tried to state why they do what they do, and it's up to us to decide if it's honest. I do think the fact they don't really appear to script or rehearse their interviews gets them into some difficulties. Things like offhandedly using the term 'exploit' regarding nerd polling which then gets taken by some players as 'they hate me and we are at war'.

As for JaWoodle, I was using him more as a throwaway example, but that's interesting to know. Certainly he has the soul of a tester - that compulsive urge to break stuff. I agree any sensible QA would use what's effectively free talent.

*To be clear, I mean 'discharge firearms into vehicles in a Richard Pryor stylie', not 'attempt to inject powdered Ford Ranger', although they might do that too for all I know

Uncle Al

Uncle Al

41 minutes ago, theFlu said:

Basically the same thing, tbh; and acting like the player/outsider interpretation of reacting-to-players is somehow unjustified isn't helpful.

I'm not going to assume JaWoodle was lying when he said he met QA, and was jokingly referred to as a "nemesis". QA would be stupid not to keep tabs on a guy providing them literal free labour in his testing series. They're not stupid.

I'd say challenging unsupported assumptions is often helpful, and that cuts both ways. Joel and Rick could be crazy control freaks for all I know, and drunkenly shoot up pick up trucks* while ranting about 'those damn exploiters'. They have tried to state why they do what they do, and it's up to us to decide if it's honest. I do think the fact they don't really appear to script or rehearse their interviews gets them into some difficulties. Things like offhandedly using the term 'exploit' regarding nerd polling which then gets taken by some players as 'they hate me and we are at war'.

As for JaWoodle, I was using him more as a throwaway example, but that's interesting to know. Certainly he has the soul of a tester - that compulsive urge to break stuff. I agree any sensible QA would use what's effectively free talent.

*To be clear, I mean 'discharge firearms into vehicles in a Richard Pryor stylie', not 'attempt to inject powdered Ford Ranger', although they might do that too for all I know

Just now, Uncle Al said:

Uncle Al

Uncle Al

28 minutes ago, theFlu said:

I'd say challenging unsupported assumptions is often helpful, and that cuts both ways. Joel and Rick could be crazy control freaks for all I know, and drunkenly shoot up pick up trucks* while ranting about 'those damn exploiters'. They have tried to state why they do what they do, and it's up to us to decide if it's honest. I do think the fact they don't really appear to script or rehearse their interviews gets them into some difficulties. Things like using the term 'exploit' regarding nerd polling which then gets taken by some players as 'they hate me and we are at war'.

Just now, Uncle Al said:

I'd say challenging unsupported assumptions is often helpful, and that cuts both ways. Joel and Rick could be crazy control freaks for all I know, and drunkenly shoot up pick up trucks* while ranting about 'those damn exploiters'. They have tried to state why they do what they do, and it's up to us to decide if it's honest. I do think the fact they don't really appear to script or rehearse their interviews gets them into some difficulties. Things like using offhandedly using the term 'exploit' regarding nerd polling which then gets taken by some players as 'they hate me and we are at war'.