Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
floW_

floW_

1 hour ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

"Playability" is subjective. Everyone has their own thresholds for what they find playable.  Some might be fine with 30 fps others might demand 60 fps. I have no idea what the poster I was responding to considers playable and I also have no idea what they were doing in game when it became unplayable to them. If that poster's expectation is for there to be minimal frame drops in a skyscraper or in a densely packed downtown area, for example, I don't see that happening--especially not on a console. Personally, I find the frame drops in downtown areas to be approaching my limit for playability and I play on a recently built and relatively high-end PC. But I am particularly sensitive to frame drops and wouldn't consider myself representative of the player base. Regardless, I keep playing because I really enjoy the game.

More importantly there is an outer limit to how much optimization can be done. I don't know what that limit is but my sense is that we are fast approaching it. My experience with CPU heavy games made in Unity is that they all suffer from significant performance issues as soon as there are a large amount of entities the game needs to keep track of. And it is very possible that any optimizations that are made in the near future will be offset by the introduction of bandits.  There is no way to know whether bandits will be more computationally expensive than zombies. It's all possible that if bandits are added without a reduction to the number of zombies that the additional load in and of itself will be enough to offset any performance increases. 

yes been experience fps drops throughout the whole world regardless of location. Hit and miss just running around to random less populated spots but extensively much worse in and near any POI tier 4 or higher…

I understand this game is still in Beta and there’s a lot of fix happening so to speak. Bugs and glitches can be fine to deal with those type of problems and still enjoy the game. But anything relating to performance issue such as lag, server disconnections or fps drops, imho should be the number 1 priority for some sort of solution.

If console port just ain’t powerful enough to handle these type of games, why publicly release it on these platforms? Regardless if it’s Beta or not.

It’s not even a glitch or a bug that the developers couldn’t find out without extensive playtime (I guess that’s what the public beta release is for). But for this issue, all they had to do is load up a test run, go to a POI tier 4 or higher and would have noticed a huge performance issue. This is when something should have been worked on before proceeding further. It’s pretty mind blowing if you ask me.

floW_

floW_

1 hour ago, Kosmic Kerman said:

"Playability" is subjective. Everyone has their own thresholds for what they find playable.  Some might be fine with 30 fps others might demand 60 fps. I have no idea what the poster I was responding to considers playable and I also have no idea what they were doing in game when it became unplayable to them. If that poster's expectation is for there to be minimal frame drops in a skyscraper or in a densely packed downtown area, for example, I don't see that happening--especially not on a console. Personally, I find the frame drops in downtown areas to be approaching my limit for playability and I play on a recently built and relatively high-end PC. But I am particularly sensitive to frame drops and wouldn't consider myself representative of the player base. Regardless, I keep playing because I really enjoy the game.

More importantly there is an outer limit to how much optimization can be done. I don't know what that limit is but my sense is that we are fast approaching it. My experience with CPU heavy games made in Unity is that they all suffer from significant performance issues as soon as there are a large amount of entities the game needs to keep track of. And it is very possible that any optimizations that are made in the near future will be offset by the introduction of bandits.  There is no way to know whether bandits will be more computationally expensive than zombies. It's all possible that if bandits are added without a reduction to the number of zombies that the additional load in and of itself will be enough to offset any performance increases. 

yes been experience fps drops throughout the whole world regardless of location. Hit and miss just running around to random less populated spots but extensively much worse in and near any POI tier 4 or higher…

I understand this game is still in Beta and there’s a lot of fix happening so to speak. Bugs and glitches can be fine to deal with those type of problems and still enjoy the game. But anything relating to performance issue such as lag, server disconnections or fps drops, imho should be the number 1 priority for some sort of solution.

If console port just ain’t powerful enough to handle these type of games, why publicly release it on these platforms? Regardless if it’s Beta or not.

It’s not even a glitch or a bug that the developers couldn’t find out without extensive playtime (I guess that’s when public beta release is useful). But for this issue, all they had to do is load up a test run, go to a POI tier 4 or higher and would have noticed a huge performance issue. This is when something should have been worked on before proceeding further. It’s pretty mind blowing if you ask me.