Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ammonitia

ammonitia

20 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Yeah for sure, thanks for sharing, that's good to know it's the wasteland that's the only one working. It's definitely not intended; the causation of it is... tricky but that info could help narrow it down.

Also, the more people we have responding here about this the better, if you all don't mind. Just general description on how you (and your friends) play and explore, where you base, and such can help.

Two bases, both POIs. One in burnt forest and one in forest. Offline. I just do all mission types and horde night. Nothing special other than preserving zombie stragglers. The bug may have manifested when I increased zombie speed to sprint in the daytime.

4 hours ago, Arez said:

Ok, so this is possibly a bug.

I've only been playing since the beginning of A21 and it was happening since then too. 

During the first 2 or 3 days the forest is nicely populated with zombies at night. You can hear them walking around your house and you're afraid to move. 

By around the 4th night, you can damn near have a block party outside and be lucky to see one zombie. 

I thought it was deliberate. I was figuring you give players a taste of the danger of nighttime and then ease up so they can go out and explore and/or hunt animals.  

It always was a bit of a disappointment for me.

I even set feral sense to all, expecting it to ramp up nighttime activity in the forest, but to no avail.

I usually set my forest home in a building as close as possible to the trader, on Navezgane or on random maps. So on random maps it could be very close to the trader and on Navezgane it will be one of the two closest houses west or east of Rekt. 

Downtown forest (I assume on Navezgane that means the area where the Bear Den is) there is guaranteed more activity at night.

I started a new game on a random map with a friend the other day. Yesterday we hit day/night 4 and he asked, "what happened to all the zombies?". Our house was about 400 meters from Rekt.

And a quick sidenote: on night 5 he was breaking stuff to clear out the house to make more room and we were also running the campfire and it summoned 4 screamers. I've never seen that before. I've gotten 2 and once I killed them that was it for awhile, but they wouldn't stop spawning. If we didn't get overwhelmed and killed, more than 4 might've spawned.

When I cranked up zombie senses and speed, I killed all the zombies in my neighborhood in a day. They could now spot me from further away and track me down much faster. This meant that I encountered the last of the zombies very quickly. Now my neighborhood is a ghost town...until the screamers show up. Thank god for screamers!

ammonitia

ammonitia

19 hours ago, Jugginator said:

Yeah for sure, thanks for sharing, that's good to know it's the wasteland that's the only one working. It's definitely not intended; the causation of it is... tricky but that info could help narrow it down.

Also, the more people we have responding here about this the better, if you all don't mind. Just general description on how you (and your friends) play and explore, where you base, and such can help.

Two bases, both POIs. One burnt forest

4 hours ago, Arez said:

Ok, so this is possibly a bug.

I've only been playing since the beginning of A21 and it was happening since then too. 

During the first 2 or 3 days the forest is nicely populated with zombies at night. You can hear them walking around your house and you're afraid to move. 

By around the 4th night, you can damn near have a block party outside and be lucky to see one zombie. 

I thought it was deliberate. I was figuring you give players a taste of the danger of nighttime and then ease up so they can go out and explore and/or hunt animals.  

It always was a bit of a disappointment for me.

I even set feral sense to all, expecting it to ramp up nighttime activity in the forest, but to no avail.

I usually set my forest home in a building as close as possible to the trader, on Navezgane or on random maps. So on random maps it could be very close to the trader and on Navezgane it will be one of the two closest houses west or east of Rekt. 

Downtown forest (I assume on Navezgane that means the area where the Bear Den is) there is guaranteed more activity at night.

I started a new game on a random map with a friend the other day. Yesterday we hit day/night 4 and he asked, "what happened to all the zombies?". Our house was about 400 meters from Rekt.

And a quick sidenote: on night 5 he was breaking stuff to clear out the house to make more room and we were also running the campfire and it summoned 4 screamers. I've never seen that before. I've gotten 2 and once I killed them that was it for awhile, but they wouldn't stop spawning. If we didn't get overwhelmed and killed, more than 4 might've spawned.

When I cranked up zombie senses and speed, I killed all the zombies in my neighborhood in a day. They could now spot me from further away and track me down much faster. This meant that I encountered the last of the zombies very quickly. Now my neighborhood is a ghost town...until the screamers show up. Thank god for screamers!