Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

On 9/11/2024 at 1:10 PM, Riamus said:

it wouldn't be likely that TFP will add a mechanic that makes players want to plant a lot of trees around their base

Some players already do that. In the brief amount of time I've spent on a community server, I've seen rows upon rows of trees planted around bases. I imagine they just fell trees elsewhere and squirel up the seeds to create the unnatural looking canopies around their bases. Personally, I'd just put the same kind of options for screamers (settting heat index at which they'll spawn and in what numbers, if at all) in menu options on the main menu screen same as has been done with zombies and feral sense. I'd do the same for the forthcoming "bandits" and leave everything at default reserved for the Navezgane map alone. That way, anything TFP plans to do in the future shouldn't alienate any players who won't like things the way TFP plan for them to be in the final release no matter what they do. Leave RWG for pure freeplay and reserve Navezgane for biome/trader/NPC linearity, a story mode that doesn't affect RWG and any baked-in "difficulty" planned for various NPCs/factions, iow.

AlphaEstacado: I got excited when you said, "content." Content to my mind is handcrafted, artistically written quests. Then, I remembered everything from "skins" to models to automated so-called quest dispensers is widely considered "content" as opposed to assets these days and the problem is not confined solely to video gaming. (EDIT) A glance at all the pleas scattered across the Internet for us to stop using the word, content, and how excessive use of it (especially in marketing circles) has devalued and diminished, if not dimissed altogether, human creativity should be sufficient to clue anyone in who doesn't know what I'm talking about when it comes to "content."

InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

it wouldn't be likely that TFP will add a mechanic that makes players want to plant a lot of trees around their base

Some players already do that. In the brief amount of time I've spent on a community server, I've seen rows upon rows of trees planted around bases. I imagine they just fell trees elsewhere and squirel up the seeds to create the unnatural looking canopies around their bases. Personally, I'd just put the same kind of options for screamers (settting heat index at which they'll spawn and in what numbers, if at all) in menu options on the main menu screen same as has been done with zombies and feral sense. I'd do the same for the forthcoming "bandits" and leave everything at default reserved for the Navezgane map alone. That way, anything TFP plans to do in the future shouldn't alienate any players who won't like things the way TFP plan for them to be in the final release no matter what they do. Leave RWG for pure freeplay and reserve Navezgane for biome/trader/NPC linearity, a story mode that doesn't affect RWG and any baked-in "difficulty" planned for various NPCs/factions, iow.

AlphaEstacado: I got excited when you said, "content." Content to my mind is handcrafted, artistically written quests. Then, I remembered everything from "skins" to models to automated so-called quest dispensers is widely considered "content" as opposed to assets these days and not just in video gaming. (EDIT) A glance at all the pleas scattered across the Internet for us to stop using the word, content, and how excessive use of it (especially in marketing circles) has devalued and diminished, if not dimissed altogether, human creativity should be sufficient to clue anyone in who doesn't know what I'm talking about when it comes to "content."

InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

AlphaEstacado: I got excited when you said, "content." Content to my mind is handcrafted, artistically written quests. Then, I remembered everything from "skins" to models to automated so-called quest dispensers is widely considered "content" as opposed to assets these days and not just in video gaming. (EDIT) A glance at all the pleas scattered across the Intent for us to stop using the word, content, and how excessive use of it (especially in marketing circles) has devalued and dimished, if not dimissed altogether, human creativity should be sufficient to clue anyone in who doesn't know what I'm talking about when it comes to "content."

InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

AlphaEstacado: I got excited when you said, "content." Content to my mind is handcrafted, artistically written quests. Then, I remembered everything from "skins" to models to automated so-called quest dispensers is widely considered "content" these days.