Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Abnormal Zombie

Abnormal Zombie

50 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

They don't show the HP of zombies either, so I don't think this is something they want to do.  Having numbers flash up make this more into a Borderlands type of game which personally I wouldn't bat an eye if they never added this feature to the game.

I wouldn't dare compare to Borderlands. I just think it would add a feature people would enjoy. Also, the HP of zombies can stay hidden.

I do all the time (use an attribute mod over treasure hunting.  It's a balance issue really, being able to stack mods like this tip the balance towards OP.

Wouldn't it be balanced on its own by taking up mod slots, preventing other mods from being used? I find the benefits of single attribute levels insubstantial.

I am fine with the mechanic as is, because we also have slowing buffs available to the player that counteracts speed and speed bursts.  Also this means you can't just simply bash and backpedal to your heart's delight.  It adds a bit of trouble if you are not paying attention and account for the potential stumble attack.

I don't play on the console so I won't comment on those - since it doesn't affect me either way, not fair to do so.

I think the stumbling forward when hit is a mechanic I can deal with, and it adds dynamics to fights. I brought it up due to its logical fallacy.
Edit: However, bashing a single walker zombie in the head and backpedaling is in the nature of all zombie killing, no? It only becomes dangerous when you get cornered or come across multiple zombies. Besides, I suggested they could fall forward instead of stumbling forward, where when falling forward they could swipe at you but would then be on the ground. That would keep the best of both worlds. Just because slowing buffs exist, it doesn't mean they need to be applicable to all scenarios.

Abnormal Zombie

Abnormal Zombie

34 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

They don't show the HP of zombies either, so I don't think this is something they want to do.  Having numbers flash up make this more into a Borderlands type of game which personally I wouldn't bat an eye if they never added this feature to the game.

I wouldn't dare compare to Borderlands. I just think it would add a feature people would enjoy. Also, the HP of zombies can stay hidden.

I do all the time (use an attribute mod over treasure hunting.  It's a balance issue really, being able to stack mods like this tip the balance towards OP.

Wouldn't it be balanced on its own by taking up mod slots, preventing other mods from being used? I find the benefits of single attribute levels insubstantial.

I am fine with the mechanic as is, because we also have slowing buffs available to the player that counteracts speed and speed bursts.  Also this means you can't just simply bash and backpedal to your heart's delight.  It adds a bit of trouble if you are not paying attention and account for the potential stumble attack.

I don't play on the console so I won't comment on those - since it doesn't affect me either way, not fair to do so.

I think the stumbling forward when hit is a mechanic I can deal with, and it adds dynamics to fights. I brought it up due to its logical fallacy.