Server Settings regarding Loot Amount and Quality

GuardianReaper0

I’ve been doing some testing in preparation for when rentable servers become an option for console players, and trying to figure out a good way to balance difficulty and prevent progression from occurring too quickly, preventing players from just skipping past a lot of the game. These are some of the biggest hurdles to that.

Loot Amount

Currently the only server setting really addressing this is “loot abundance” which when set below 100% results in many loot able objects being EMPTY. 

Can there be 2 separate settings?

1. How frequently a lootable object is empty.

2. How much stuff is actually inside the box.

This way, it could be set to where players will still get items, but the amount will be in smaller quantities.

Loot Quality

The next issue is the QUALITY of loot that players find. I’ve come to notice that even just one or two points of Lucky Looter make it very likely to just completely skip over a lot of items.

My biggest example of this is that within 14 days with only 1 point into lucky looter, I pulled a lvl 5 auto shotgun out of a box. Server settings are pretty much default currently. I don’t use shotguns (and have no points into it) but it skipped right past the sawn off and pump action, going straight to pretty much a maximum shotgun.

- What I would like to see is a server setting to decrease loot quality so this is far less likely to happen. 

Especially for larger servers to increase players trading items at vending machines, items of ranging qualities to still be valuable.

Ultimately, the current lack of really being able to slow players down, outside of permadeath and having a bunch of empty containers, seems like something of decent importance.

4 minutes ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

The next issue is the QUALITY of loot that players find.

I've never gotten quality 6 loot, except for boxes from the plane.
Everything is fine with the quality of production.

5 minutes ago, Suxar said:

I've never gotten quality 6 loot, except for boxes from the plane.
Everything is fine with the quality of production.

Please take the time to read the post again. 
The problem is that with only a little buff from lucky looter, it’s skipping over entire types of weapons, AND giving lvl 5 on top of that. It’s making the progression speed much too quick. 

The early game is decent, the mid-game is almost non-existent, because it jumps you straight into end-game equipment.

Edited by GuardianReaper0
To better clarify (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, GuardianReaper0 said:

The problem is that with only a little buff from lucky looter, it’s skipping over entire types of weapons, AND giving lvl 5 on top of that. It’s making the progression speed much too quick. 

In the wasteland, yes. In the forest, there is practically nothing like that. Besides, it is a very big coincidence. I am now level 72 and the best I have ever gotten is a level 4 wand. And I am running with 6.
If you replay 10 games, you will understand that Lady Luck is a capricious girl. In one game you will get everything you need, and in another you will always be missing something.

41 minutes ago, Suxar said:

In the wasteland, yes. In the forest, there is practically nothing like that. Besides, it is a very big coincidence. I am now level 72 and the best I have ever gotten is a level 4 wand. And I am running with 6.
If you replay 10 games, you will understand that Lady Luck is a capricious girl. In one game you will get everything you need, and in another you will always be missing something.

It’s been this way in all 3  of my play throughs since V1.0 came out. 
My buddies have all had similar experiences on the games they have played too.

hence why I’m making the post.