Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
NolanStaark

NolanStaark

3 hours ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

Nope, have to disagree. That is actually an old idea/mechanic. It´s the same with bards in many fantasy universes. They often can boost the moral but usually that´s for the rest of the party only and not for the bard himself.

It would be bad design to call a perk charismatic nature if you can use it alone, because that would have nothing to do with charisma. So imo either keep it like it is or remove it.

I really don´t see any problem with one person having to put in points in MP. That´s normal for many perks when playing Coop that only one persons put´s points into it.

If we want to go into DnD analogies, Paladins are also charisma based as well. They benefit from their own Aura's...

I have to disagree about using it alone, charismatic speeches could include psyching one's self up, or maybe exist in the form of self affirmations. 
Charism is just how likeable your character is, this would be including itself (self esteem/confidence)
Getting a +1 in every Ability would give me quite a bit of confidence.

Also aren't Bards a Jack-Of-All-Trades, to me the analogy of a bard is actually more convincing, than not, to let (at least Tier 5) affect the player

NolanStaark

NolanStaark

Nope, have to disagree. That is actually an old idea/mechanic. It´s the same with bards in many fantasy universes. They often can boost the moral but usually that´s for the rest of the party only and not for the bard himself.

It would be bad design to call a perk charismatic nature if you can use it alone, because that would have nothing to do with charisma. So imo either keep it like it is or remove it.

I really don´t see any problem with one person having to put in points in MP. That´s normal for many perks when playing Coop that only one persons put´s points into it.

If we want to go into DnD analogies, Paladins are also charisma based as well. They benefit from their own Aura's...

I have to disagree about using it alone, charismatic speeches could include psyching one's self up, or maybe exist in the form of self affirmations. 
Charism is just how likeable your character is, this would be including itself (self esteem/confidence)

Also aren't Bards a Jack-Of-All-Trades, to me the analogy of a bard is actually more convincing, than not, to let it affect the player

NolanStaark

NolanStaark

Also aren't Bards a Jack-Of-All-Trades, to me the analogy of a bard is more convincing, than not, to affect the player

NolanStaark

NolanStaark

NolanStaark

NolanStaark

I have to disagree, charismatic speeches could include psyching one's self up, or maybe exist in the form of self affirmations.