Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

52 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I don´t care a bit

Then...why are you posting about it?

I do care because I think "in game store"(s) and micro/macrotransactions but, especially, so-called "live service" is ruining what was once a fun and interesting hobby and sincerely hope TFP don't plan to go that way. They've got to make money just to stay in business, of course, ntm make enough of a salary not to have to go back to the corporate daily grind. I totally get that, but don't think "paid DLCs," unless they're actually extensive expansions to the game (as "DLC" once was known), is the way to go. 

The game is designed to run on community run servers as opposed to a central server with all the psyops in place to make playing video games nothing more than an exercise in self-defense. Now, Rick has said he doesn't like what some of the publishers and triple As are doing in this department. That'd be putting it mildly for me. They're literally preying on people's psychological vulnerabilities and genuine love for various franchises to make obscene levels of profit for execs and investors without putting forth much of any effort whatsoever. Even so-called "cosmetic" stuff, like skins and these new armor models, don't require as much work to produce as is being overcharged for such things. So, they fall into the category of ideas that have been normalized in the industry to the detriment of both players and studios in my book.

It's their business. They can run it however they like, but -- given that they've not not lowered themselves to that kind of psychological warfare to date and developer-community (especially modding community) relations are pretty good -- the backlash is bound to be pretty massive if they do. May wisdom prevail.

InfiniteWarrior

InfiniteWarrior

19 minutes ago, pApA^LeGBa said:

I don´t care a bit

Then...why are you posting about it?

I do care because I think "in game store"(s) and micro/macrotransactions but, especially, so-called "live service" is ruining what was once a fun and interesting hobby and sincerely hope TFP don't plan to go that way. They've got to make money just to stay in business, of course, ntm make enough of a salary not to have to go back to the corporate daily grind. I totally get that, but don't think "paid DLCs," unless they're actually extensive expansions to the game (as "DLC" once was known), is the way to go. 

The game is designed to run on community run servers as opposed to a central server with all the psyops in place to make playing video games nothing more than an exercise in self-defense. Now, Rick has said he doesn't like what some of the publishers and triple As are doing in this department. That'd be putting it mildly for me. They're literally preying on people's psychological vulnerabilities and genuine love for various franchises to make obscene levels of profit for execs and investors without putting forth much of any effort whatsoever. Even so-called "cosmetic" stuff, like skins and these new armor models, don't require as much work to produce as is being overcharged for such things. So, they fall into the category of ideas that have been normalized in the industry to the detriment of both players and studios in my book.

It's their business. They can run it however they like, but -- given that they've not caved thus far to that kind of psychological warfare to date and developer-community (especially modding community) relations are pretty good -- the backlash is bound to be pretty massive if they do. May wisdom prevail.