Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Misamor

Misamor

On 8/25/2024 at 11:33 AM, Daiemio said:

Each weapon has its time and place

And my point is that the "time and place" of the rifle is basically non-existent.

Crazy how the Mr know-it-alls of this forum can't even "disprove" my opinion without outing themselves as having reading deficiencies.
For the record, here's what I say about why the dev's way to balance the rifle (trading DPS for range) actually doesn't do anything:
"And don't tell me it's the range. In this game, where looting is a core game mechanic, 95% of your zombie encounters will happen inside buildings at 10 blocks away, tops."

Maybe if you're going to say someone's opinion is "poor", try to actually answer their arguments next time, otherwise 

its disingenuous and won't make you any friends here.

Actually, allow me to make my point clear once and for all with a simple comparison everyone can understand.
Take the clubs and the sledgehammers. Clubs hit faster, right? So to make up for this advantage, sledgehammers need to get something better than the clubs to stay competitive, because if they didn't, there wouldn't be a point to play sledge, you'd just take clubs. So right now in the game, Sledgehammers deal quite a larger amount of damage. As a result, Sledgehammers (at equal tier and level) deal about the same amount of damage PER SECOND than the clubs. There, BALANCED.

Now what if instead of giving the sledgehammers a generally larger amount of damage than the clubs, you gave it a larger amount of damage against vultures? That's what the game is doing with the rifles. Instead of giving the rifle a way larger amount of damage than the pistol (the most polyvalent firearm in the game with the automatic rifle class), you're giving it a slightly larger amount of damage to compensate for its slow rate of fire (which doesn't even begin to make its DPS equivalent to the pistol from what I've seen), AND, to compensate for that, you're giving it an advantage that's going to be barely useful to you during your playthrough (as I developped in that following quoted message)!

What's the one thing that changed a few updates ago into learn by LOOTING?

How many trader quest categories have you visiting POIs? (I'll answer that for you: 4 out of 5, 6 if you count the "open route" quest according to the wiki https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Traders)

You literally have to loot POIs to level up your crafting skills!

That's what I'm saying above: the range advantage doesn't serve as balancing the rifle-class weapon because most of your encounters with zombies DON'T HAPPEN AT RANGE. As a result, tie rifle isn't balanced, it's just very situational.

There I hope my point is clear now, because I'm running out of ideas to make it so.

Misamor

Misamor

And my point is that the "time and place" of the rifle is basically non-existent.

Crazy how the Mr know-it-alls of this forum can't even "disprove" my opinion without outing themselves as having reading deficiencies.
For the record, here's what I say about why the dev's way to balance the rifle (trading DPS for range) actually doesn't do anything:
"And don't tell me it's the range. In this game, where looting is a core game mechanic, 95% of your zombie encounters will happen inside buildings at 10 blocks away, tops."

Maybe if you're going to say someone's opinion is "poor", try to actually answer their arguments next time, otherwise 

Actually, allow me to make my point clear once and for all with a simple comparison everyone can understand.
Take the clubs and the sledgehammers. Clubs hit faster, right? So to make up for this advantage, sledgehammers need to get something better than the clubs to stay competitive, because if they didn't, there wouldn't be a point to play sledge, you'd just take clubs. So right now in the game, Sledgehammers deal quite a larger amount of damage. As a result, Sledgehammers (at equal tier and level) deal about the same amount of damage PER SECOND than the clubs. There, BALANCED.

Now what if instead of giving the sledgehammers a generally larger amount of damage than the clubs, you gave it a larger amount of damage against vultures? That's what the game is doing with the rifles. Instead of giving the rifle a way larger amount of damage than the pistol (the most polyvalent firearm in the game with the automatic rifle class), you're giving it a slightly larger amount of damage (which doesn't even begin to make its DPS equivalent to the pistol from what I've seen), AND, to compensate for that, you're giving it an advantage that's going to be barely useful to you during your playthrough (as I developped in that following quoted message)!

How many trader quest categories have you visiting POIs? (I'll answer that for you: 4 out of 5, 6 if you count the "open route" quest according to the wiki https://7daystodie.fandom.com/wiki/Traders)

That's what I'm saying above: the range advantage doesn't serve as balancing the rifle-class weapon because most of your encounters with zombies DON'T HAPPEN AT RANGE. As a result, tie rifle isn't balanced, it's just very situational.

There I hope my point is clear now, because I'm running out of ideas to make it so.

Misamor

Misamor

Now what if instead of giving the sledgehammers a generally larger amount of damage than the clubs, you gave it a larger amount of damage against vultures? That's what the game is doing with the rifles. Instead of giving the rifle a way larger amount of damage than the pistol (the most polyvalent firearm in the game with the automatic rifle class), you're giving it a slightly larger amount of damage (which doesn't even begin to make its DPS equivalent to the pistol from what I've seen), AND, to compensate for that, you're giving it an advantage that's going to be barely useful to you during your playthrough (as I developped in that following quoted message)!

Misamor

Misamor

Misamor

Misamor

For the record, here's what I say about why the dev's way to balance the rifle (trading off DPS against range) actually doesn't do anything:

Misamor

Misamor

For the record, here's what I say about why the dev's way to balance the rifle actually doesn't do anything:

Misamor

Misamor

For the record, here's what I say about why the dev's way to balance the rifle actually doesn't do anything: