Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ammonitia

ammonitia

2 hours ago, Arez said:

Is this constant? When it does happen, is it something that happens from the beginning of a session or does it eventually start happening as you play?

I noticed that right as Arlene is about to hit you, a little floppy disc icon appears at the top left of the screen, which seemingly causes the game to freeze for a split second. 

On PC we don't get a "saving game" icon, but someone mentioned that massive frame drops occur when the game saves, which I've been noticing myself.

I wonder if that is causing some kind of desync. I wonder if your character's colliders have separated or have displaced from your model. Maybe that's why they can only hit you when you're not looking at them. Your colliders might be offset behind your model.

Games are so friggin complicated. The slightest disruption can cause so many weird issues. 

Logging out and back in seems to fix it for a while, at least on the zombies that were on screen before I logged out. So it might be a desync issue. Afterwards (leaving the area and loading up new zombies), it's constant with most zombie models (the hooded zombie doesn't appear to be affected).

ammonitia

ammonitia

2 hours ago, Arez said:

Is this constant? When it does happen, is it something that happens from the beginning of a session or does it eventually start happening as you play?

I noticed that right as Arlene is about to hit you, a little floppy disc icon appears at the top left of the screen, which seemingly causes the game to freeze for a split second. 

On PC we don't get a "saving game" icon, but someone mentioned that massive frame drops occur when the game saves, which I've been noticing myself.

I wonder if that is causing some kind of desync. I wonder if your character's colliders have separated or have displaced from your model. Maybe that's why they can only hit you when you're not looking at them. Your colliders might be offset behind your model.

Games are so friggin complicated. The slightest disruption can cause so many weird issues. 

Logging out and back in seems to fix it for a while, at least on the zombies that were on screen before I logged out. So it might be a desync issue.