Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
DickJustice

DickJustice

23 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Schwanz's tone can't be conveyed through text, but I'd say he was being very straightforward and not condescending or anything.

Most of the changes that are made to POI's won't be reflected in an already-generated world. We get to decide whether or not it's worth it to restart a game to experience the changes. Other changes don't care, and will be live even in an old game.

I personally don't want the POI additions to ever end, so I'm happy to make the decision to restart or not. Most often I don't restart unless I see something utterly cool that want in my game.

-Arch Necromancer Morloc 💀

Regardless, the game has been in development for over 10 years. When you take the damn thing out of early release, there is an expectation that you're going to finally get the whole game. Saying "restarting is optional" is not really so because otherwise why apply these fixes and updates at all, if they're optional? It's major content that the client is going to miss out on - by the dev's own words, "heavily recommended" - obviously you don't want to keep restarting your progress over and over, so you're forced to miss out on content that you paid for.

As well as, I gotta say, plenty is said by not saying. I tried to convey my message respectfully and with the respective decorum - before getting to the issue, I expressed the appreciation I have for this game and the work that was put to it - which is more than you can say for comments like @Kreivi01's up there, which goes

"how about u actually fix something important?"

Seems rather like a horse stumbling out of a barn, no? I tried to give more context than that. But I get a blank sort of

"we already answered your question. No one is forcing you to do anything"

And no respect given to the obvious inconveniences had in the first place, of getting locked out content through no fault of my own, which I'm not the only to voice concerns about.

17 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You do not have to restart, so the concern about restarting isn't really valid.  You simply do not restart. 

Not at all - two major points.

1. I'm getting locked out of content that I should be getting - or I gotta restart 40+ hours of progress. No complaints if it's alpha, but this is not alpha anymore. Factors like console availability do not concern me. When you make it 1.0, you're creating an expectation, under which I start a new game and don't expect any need at all for a restart after that.

If the content isn't worth a restart, why do the devs say "it's strongly recommended"? POI stuff seems pretty important.

2.  How many more such updates will there be? Plenty, by the look of it? With 20 days apart? How much content would that, then become? Certainly not small anymore.

Again, I'm not trying to make a huge deal out of this, it's not the end of the world, I'm not trying to clog the thread with my comments, but it's a pretty pesky thing to have to work around. Is it not? I expected at least a little bit more regard from dev spokespeople, because like I said, I'm not the only one locked out content after putting a lot of time into this game. Just takes one peek into the Steam page to read user complaints.

DickJustice

DickJustice

22 minutes ago, Morloc said:

Schwanz's tone can't be conveyed through text, but I'd say he was being very straightforward and not condescending or anything.

Most of the changes that are made to POI's won't be reflected in an already-generated world. We get to decide whether or not it's worth it to restart a game to experience the changes. Other changes don't care, and will be live even in an old game.

I personally don't want the POI additions to ever end, so I'm happy to make the decision to restart or not. Most often I don't restart unless I see something utterly cool that want in my game.

Regardless, the game has been in development for over 10 years. When you take the damn thing out of early release, there is an expectation that you're going to finally get the whole game. Saying "restarting is optional" is not really so because otherwise why apply these fixes and updates at all, if they're optional? It's major content that the client is going to miss out on - by the dev's own words, "heavily recommended" - obviously you don't want to keep restarting your progress over and over, so you're forced to miss out on content that you paid for.

As well as, I gotta say, plenty is said by not saying. I tried to convey my message respectfully and with the respective decorum - before getting to the issue, I expressed the appreciation I have for this game and the work that was put to it - which is more than you can say for comments like @Kreivi01's up there, which goes

Seems rather like a horse stumbling out of a barn, no? I tried to give more context than that. But I get a blank sort of

And no respect given to the obvious inconveniences had in the first place, of getting locked out content through no fault of my own, which I'm not the only to voice concerns about.

16 minutes ago, Riamus said:

You do not have to restart, so the concern about restarting isn't really valid.  You simply do not restart. 

1. I'm getting locked out of content that I should be getting - or I gotta restart 40+ hours of progress. No complaints if it's alpha, but this is not alpha anymore. Factors like console availability do not concern me. When you make it 1.0, you're creating an expectation, under which I start a new game and don't expect any need at all for a restart after that.

If the content isn't worth a restart, why do the devs say "it's strongly recommended"? POI stuff seems pretty important.

2.  How many more such updates will there be? Plenty, by the look of it? With 20 days apart? How much content would that, then become? Certainly not small anymore.}

Again, I'm not trying to make a huge deal out of this, it's not the end of the world, I'm not trying to clog the thread with my comments, but it's a pretty pesky thing to have to work around. Is it not? I expected at least a little bit more regard from dev spokespeople, because like I said, I'm not the only one locked out content after putting a lot of time into this game. Just takes one peek into the Steam page to read user complaints.

DickJustice

DickJustice

5 minutes ago, Morloc said:

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

2.  How many more such updates will there be? Plenty, by the look of it? With 20 days apart? How much content would that, then become? Certainly not small anymore.

7 minutes ago, DickJustice said: