Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
DickJustice

DickJustice

15 minutes ago, Riamus said:

The game may be out of early access, but it isn't final.  Until the roadmap is finished, you can expect the normal alpha updates.

What is final then? This makes 1.0 meaningless. Why even take it out of early access in the first place if you're recommending players to start up again after not even 20 days? Why play the game at all? It shows little regard for the userbase experience.

As an addendum, you can go on to the Steam comments for the news post about the 1.1 update and see what I'm talking about. There's a lot of dissatisfaction. Often with user comments, I feel it's excessively negative and that often people just love to be really loud about very subjective complaints - but this I totally understand getting worked up about. The whole charm of the game is the player progression - going from easily getting overrun by slower groups of 3 zombies versus mastering the apocalypse, and it takes time and it takes a certain amount of healthy grinding, but you get there. Players who started 1.0 Stable thinking they were safe from restarts, what? They should throw 40 hours away without a second thought? What about working on elaborate bases? Extensive resource gathering?

DickJustice

DickJustice

7 minutes ago, Riamus said:

The game may be out of early access, but it isn't final.  Until the roadmap is finished, you can expect the normal alpha updates.

What is final then? This makes 1.0 meaningless. Why even take it out of early access in the first place if you're recommending players to start up again after not even 20 days? Why play the game at all? It shows little regard for the userbase experience.

As an addendum, you can go on to the Steam comments for the news post about the 1.1 update and see what I'm talking about. There's a lot of dissatisfaction. Often with user comments, I feel it's excessively negative and that often people just love to be really loud about very subjective complaints - but this I totally understand getting worked up about. The whole charm of the game is the player progression - going from easily getting overrun by slower groups of 3 zombies versus mastering the apocalypse, and it takes time and it takes a certain amount of healthy grinding, but you get there. Players who started 1.0 Stable thinking they were safe from restarts, what? They should throw 40 hours away without a second thought? What about working on elaborate bases? Extensive resource gathering?