Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here

A lot of folks are reporting a significant drop in performance. I was testing A21 on high settings for just about everything, but performance was so bad in 1.0, I had to turn them all down to low and still got frame drops and stuttering. Along with that, I've had such strange occurences as every surface in a room "blinking," which is to say seeming to appear in one place and then being displaced by a pixel with almost a stobe effect. Further, I've cleared a POI with no glaring issues with frame rate, but it tanked as soon as I put up a couple of torches. There's something about the lighting in 1.0 my computer does not like at all. Shadows, etc., all have been set to the lowest possible settings. I don't have the highest end rig ever built, but it's not a potato either, so the drastic change is still a mystery to me.

A lot of folks are reporting a significant drop in performance. I was testing A21 on high settings for just about everything, but performance was so bad in 1.0, I had to turn them all down to low and still got frame drops and stuttering. Along with that, I've had such strange occurences as everything surface in a room "blinking," which is to say seeming to appear in one place and then being displaced by a pixel with almost a slow stobe effect. Further, I've cleared a POI with no glaring issues with frame rate, but it tanked as soon as I put up a couple of torches. There's something about the lighting in 1.0 my computer does not like at all. Shadows, etc., all have been set to the lowest possible settings. I don't have the highest end rig ever built, but it's not a potato either, so the drastic change is still a mystery to me.