Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Skaarphy

Skaarphy

On 7/31/2024 at 6:03 PM, meganoth said:

What is so absurd about limiting glue production that you drop a pint of sarcasm on it? Thats what game developers do, limit stuff so players have something to do to craft their stuff. Players who don't want this can play walking simulators and cookie clickers 😉 (speaking generally, I don't mean you. All survival games have repetitive recurring tasks one has to do to survive, some more, some less.)

I think it is also vital in the later game that the player doesn't get glue for free. He either has to deploy a massive amount of dew collectors and collect from them once in a while, or drop down only a few collectors and dilligently collect from them to craft all the glue needed for higher recipes.

What I find so absurd it is that it becomes a non-issue very early in the game. For my current playthrough that happened on day 3 or 4, where I knew that I'd have to go out of my way to make water become a problem again. Currently, on day 8, I have about 30 drinking water, 15 recipe drinks, 20 murky water, and about 15 glue and 25 duct tape. All with one upgraded dew collector and routinely checking toilets, coffee machines, etc. I didn't even go out of my way with questing and looting. Just started tier 3 jobs.  

You cannot for the life of me tell me that this is a good system. 

As for late game, glue is free, isn't it? You have so much resources that expending some of that on more dew collectors barely puts a dent in it. And then it's just a matter of spending a few seconds every once in a while to reap your rewards. And, the way I see it, that's how it should be. You cannot struggle forever to get that @%$#ing glue. It's not "How to Get Glue - The Game". 

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

On 7/31/2024 at 6:03 PM, meganoth said:

What is so absurd about limiting glue production that you drop a pint of sarcasm on it? Thats what game developers do, limit stuff so players have something to do to craft their stuff. Players who don't want this can play walking simulators and cookie clickers 😉 (speaking generally, I don't mean you. All survival games have repetitive recurring tasks one has to do to survive, some more, some less.)

I think it is also vital in the later game that the player doesn't get glue for free. He either has to deploy a massive amount of dew collectors and collect from them once in a while, or drop down only a few collectors and dilligently collect from them to craft all the glue needed for higher recipes.

What I find so absurd it is that it becomes a non-issue very early in the game. For my current playthrough this happened on day 3 or 4, where I know that I'd have to go out of my way to make water become a problem again. Currently, on day 8, I have about 30 drinking water, 15 recipe drinks, 20 murky water, and about 15 glue and 25 duct tape. All with one upgraded dew collector and routinely checking toilets, coffee machines, etc. I didn't even go out of my way with questing and looting. Just started tier 3 jobs.  

You cannot for the life of me tell me that this is a good system. 

As for late game, glue is free, isn't it? You have so much resources that expending some of that on more dew collectors barely puts a dent in it. And then it's just a matter of spending a few seconds every once in a while to reap your rewards. And, the way I see it, that's how it should be. You cannot struggle forever to get that @%$#ing glue. It's not "How to Get Glue - The Game".