Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Skaarphy

Skaarphy

15 hours ago, zombiehunter said:

I agree with the OP about RWG.  How can you call it random now?  Traders are tied to specific biomes, when generating a map you have to select from preset patterns, you know that the forest will have no cities, only small towns, and you know exactly how you will progress from trader/biome to trader/biome.  It feels really scripted now and that is not random.

This is the one change made for v1.0 that I really dislike.  I hope that they revert this somehow in the future so that a random map is actually random.

Not a fan of this change at all either, but what makes it worse for me is the lack of communication on TFP's part. Why did they do it? There's only speculation, maybe some vague hints here and there. Or maybe there isn't but they sure as @%$# don't say in the patchnotes or anywhere near them.

I remember a discussion on the Grim Dawn forums about why there is no option of an infinite stash, or at least a considerably larger one, for the collectors. Many people were for it, many didn't care, but nobody was against it, except for the devs. Their explanation seemed a bit silly but at least they gave an explanation. And people accepted that.

And when that discussion invariably came up again some time later people could always refer to it.

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes - because technically all they owe us is the game, right? - but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will by grandma: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it? If it isn't obvious, that is.

And, back to 7DTD, none of their recent big, drastic changes have been in obvious need for them to happen, have they? So why not make a few remarks regarding their reasoning and the process behind their decisions? Together with the patchnotes, like so many other devs do?

Anyway, mods it is then. Until some update @%$#s them up, but still.

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

I agree with the OP about RWG.  How can you call it random now?  Traders are tied to specific biomes, when generating a map you have to select from preset patterns, you know that the forest will have no cities, only small towns, and you know exactly how you will progress from trader/biome to trader/biome.  It feels really scripted now and that is not random.

This is the one change made for v1.0 that I really dislike.  I hope that they revert this somehow in the future so that a random map is actually random.

Not a fan of this change at all either, but what makes it worse for me is the lack of communication on TFP's part. Why did they do it? There's only speculation, maybe some vague hints here and there. Or maybe there isn't but they sure as @%$# don't say in the patchnotes or anywhere near them.

I remember a discussion on the Grim Dawn forums about why there is no option of an infinite stash, or at least a considerably larger one, for the collectors. Many people were for it, many didn't care, but nobody was against it, except for the devs. Their explanation seemed a bit silly but at least they gave an explanation. And people accepted that.

And when that discussion invariably came up again some time later people could always refer to it.

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes - because technically all they owe us is the game, right? - but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will by grandma: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it? If it isn't obvious, that is.

And, back to 7DTD, none of their recent big, drastic changes have been in obvious need for them to happen, have they? So why not make a few remarks regarding their reasoning and the process behind their decisions? Together with the patchnotes, like so many other devs do?

Anyway, mods it is then. Until some update @%$#s them up, but still. We will always have mods.   

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes - because technically all they owe us is the game - but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will by grandma: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it? If it isn't obvious, that is.

Anyway, mods it is then. Until some update @%$#s them up, but still. We will always have mods.   

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes - because technically all they owe us is the game - but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will by grandma: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it? If it isn't obvious, that is.

And, back to 7DTD, none of their recent big, drastic changes have been in obvious need for them to happen, have they? So why not make a few remarks regarding their reasoning and the process behind their decisions? 

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes. but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it? If it isn't obvious, that is.

And, back to 7DTD, none of their recent big, drastic changes have been in obvious need for them to happen, have they? So why not make a few remarks regarding their reasoning and the process behind their decisions? 

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes. but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it? If it isn't obvious, that is.

And, back to 7DTD, none of their recent big, drastic changes have been have been in obvious need for them to happen, have they? So why not make a few remarks regarding their reasoning and the process behind their decisions? 

Skaarphy

Skaarphy

I remember a discussion on the Grim Dawn forums about why there is no option of an infinite stash, or at least a considerably larger one, for the collectos. Many people were for it, many didn't care, but nobody was against it, except for the devs. Their explanation seemed a bit silly but at least they gave an explanation. And people accepted that.

And when that discussion invariably came up again some time later they could always refer to it.

I'm not saying TFP owe us eplanations when they make drastic changes. but it's a bit analogous to be written out of a will: Grandma doesn't owe anybody any money, it's hers and she's free to do with it as she pleases but - by Crom! - it would be nice for Susan to know why everybody else gets something except for Susan, wouldn't it?

If it isn't obvious, that is.

And, back to 7DTD, none of their recent big, drastic changes have been have been in obvious need for them to happen, have they? So why not make a few remarks regarding their reasoning and the process behind their decisions?