Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

Added additional info after more testing

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0.  The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0, there are some issues and bug reports about that one.  Anyway, none of them has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game so I do not see how a crash would be even remotely possible. 

I have tried them my self: 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" started spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It did that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated were not related to the xml as far as I can understand. 

Then the game crashes when trying to load the UI, with only those 3 mods installed.

EDIT: After some more testing I think the problem was that I had downloaded the A21 version of one of the mods by mistake. I downloaded them again, this time making sure I had the 1.0 version of all of them. and it worked perfectly fine, no errors or crashes. 

The thing is, then I added all my mods + a bunch of other popular mods, and I did not get any errors or crashes either, even after restarting the game several times just to see if I could get any random errors. But no, completely fine and compatible. 

So I do not know, perhaps you made the same mistake I made and some of your mods were the A21 version? Because, like I said, I have installed all those mods together with mine a many others and it works like a charm, no errors or crashes whatsoever. 

I would suggest, make sure you have all 1.0 compatible versions first. 

Try checking file integrity and repair game, install again, and try on a new generated world, those are problems that sometimes can crash your game too. 

You can add a link to your config dump, with the items and the recipes.xml and I can take a look and see if i can help or see if there is a problem. Also if you provide some way to see the full mod list i can take a look, I cannot see the one you have linked. 

Crashes are quite rare with xml mods even when outdated, and are much more often related with dll (when it is because mods, crashes can also be because of corrupted game files and many other things). 

Other than that I cannot help much more, since there is no problem between these mods and mine. 

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0.  The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0, there are some issues and bug reports about that one.  Anyway, none of them has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game so I do not see how a crash would be even remotely possible. 

I have tried them my self: 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" started spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It did that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated were not related to the xml as far as I can understand. 

image.thumb.jpeg.66101e22e40338ea7182a6526726ecc6.jpeg

Then the game crashes when trying to load the UI, with only those 3 mods installed.

EDIT: After some more testing I think the problem was that I had downloaded the A21 version of one of the mods by mistake. I downloaded them again, this time making sure I had the 1.0 version of all of them. and it worked perfectly fine, no errors or crashes. 

The thing is, then I added all my mods + a bunch of other popular mods, and I did not get any errors or crashes either, even after restarting the game several times just to see if I could get any random errors. But no, completely fine and compatible. 

So I do not know, perhaps you made the same mistake I made and some of your mods were the A21 version? Because, like I said, I have installed all those mods together with mine a many others and it works like a charm, no errors or crashes whatsoever. 

Try checking file integrity and repair game, install again, and try on a new generated world, those are problems that sometimes can crash your game too. 

You can add a link to your config dump, with the items and the recipes.xml and I can take a look and see if i can help or see if there is a problem. Also if you provide some way to see the full mod list i can take a look, I cannot see the one you have linked. 

Crashes are quite rare with xml mods even when outdated, and are much more often related with dll (when it is because mods, crashes can also be because of corrupted game files and many other things). 

Other than that I cannot help much more, since there is no problem between these mods and mine. 

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and still does not work well in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0, there are some issues and bug reports about that one.  Anyway, none of them has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" starts spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It does that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated are not related to the xml as far as I can understand. 

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and still does not work well in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0, there are some issues and bug reports about that one.  Anyway, none of them has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" starts spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It does that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated are not related to the xml as far as I can understand. 

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

Hi!

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" starts spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It does that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated are not related to the xml as far as I can understand. That means that there is some problem with one or more of those 3 mods, and you should ask the creator if they can update.

Then the game crashes when trying to load the UI, with only those 3 mods installed (which means it is likely a problem with one or more of these mods, and not an incompatibility problem with Ammunition Recycling)

When I add a bunch of xml mods, including mine, the xml mods load fine without errors and again, the same errors spam as soon as the game tries to load Inventory mouse wheel".

That would be the first mod I would remove before trying again but like I said, you should ask the creator or the mod or simply wait until they add full  support for 1.0. Also make sure you are using the version 1.0 of the mods and not the old A21 versions.

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and it does not work in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0, there are some issues and bug reports about that one.  Anyway, none of the has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" starts spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It does that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated are not related to the xml as far as I can understand. That means that there is some problem with one or more of those 3 mods, and you should ask the creator if they can update.

Then the game crashes when trying to load the UI, with only those 3 mods installed (which means it is a problem with one or more of these mods, and not an incompatibility problem with other mods)

When I add a bunch of xml mods, including mine, the xml mods load fine without errors and again, the same errors spam as soon as the game tries to load Inventory mouse wheel".

That would be the first mod I would remove before trying again but like I said, you should ask the creator or the mod or simply wait until they add more  support for 1.0. Also make sure you are using the version 1.0 of the mods and not the old A21 versions.

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and it does not work in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know for sure that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0.  Anyway, none of the has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

Then the game crashes when trying to load the UI, with only those 3 mods installed (which means it is a problem with one or more of these mods, and not an incompatibility problem with other mods)

That would be the first mod I would remove before trying again but like I said, you should ask the creator or the mod or simply wait until they add more  support for 1.0. Also make sure you are using the version 1.0 of the mods and not the old A21 versions.

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and it does not work in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know for sure that leveling tool does not work 100% fine in 1.0.  Anyway, none of the has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

That would be the first mod I would remove before trying again but like I said, you should ask the creator or the mod or simply wait until they add support for 1.0. 

Thanks!

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and it does not work in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know for sure that leveling tool DOES NOT WORK 100% fine in 1.0.  Anyway, none of the has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" starts spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It does that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated are not related to the xml as far as I can understand. That means that there is some problem with one or more of those 3 mods, and you should ask the creator if they can update to work in 1.0, because right now they are not functional. 

That would be the first mod I would remove before trying again but like I said, you should ask the creator or the mod or simply wait until they add support for 1.0. 

But it has nothing to do with my mod, so I cannot help you much with this, sorry. 

LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

Hi!

The first thing, as far as I know leveling tool cause problems in 1.0, specially because it is for A21 and it does not work in 1.0.  That would be the first thing I would do, remove any mod that do not have an updated version for 1.0. Even if "in theory" some mods for A21 can work in 1.0 it is still more likely to cause errors. The other 2 OCB mods I do not know, but I know for sure that leveling tool DOES NOT WORK 100% fine in 1.0.  Anyway, none of the has any sort of  interaction with my mod or what my mod adds to the game. 

The mod "inventory mouse wheel" starts spamming errors right from game load, without even trying to load a save. It does that without any other mod installed, other than the 3 mods from OCB, and the error generated are not related to the xml as far as I can understand. That means that there is some problem with one or more of those 3 mods, and you should ask the creator if they can update to work in 1.0, because right now they are not functional. 

Then the game crashes when trying to load the UI, only when those 3 mods installed. 

When I add a bunch of xml mods, including mine, the xml mods load fine without errors and again, errors spam as soon as the game tries to load Inventory mouse wheel".

But it has nothing to do with my mod, so I cannot help you much with this, sorry. 

Crashes are quite rare with xml mods, and are almost always related with dll (when it is because mods, crashes can also be because of corrupted game files and other things).