Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
mouldy

mouldy

Missing part

So nice that the bow animation was fixed so quickly!

I guess it won't make it for the actual 1.0 release tomorrow but I feel like the lighting this time was just overtuned. Nights are a bit too bright and it makes torches, flashlights, and night vision unneeded. It also effectively makes stealth gameplay stronger as you won't have to use lights at night that increase your visibility meter.

Someone made a mod for the interior/exterior lighting for both day and night: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5422

Exterior Day - Tuned
spacer.png

Exterior Day - Original

spacer.png

Interior Day - Tuned

spacer.png

Interior Day - Original

spacer.png

I think the devs should revisit the lighting post-1.0 and make different ambient lighting for night/day. I'll admit some of the screenshots on that mod are too dark (but still brighter pre-1.0) so maybe somewhere in the middle? On some screenshots, the game look beautiful, makes it look cinematic even.

mouldy

mouldy

So nice that the bow animation was fixed so quickly!

I guess it won't make it for the actual 1.0 release tomorrow but I feel like the lighting this time was just overtuned. Nights are a bit too bright and it makes torches, flashlights, and night vision unneeded. It also effectively makes stealth gameplay stronger as you won't have to use lights at night that increase your visibility meter.

Someone made a mod for the interior/exterior lighting for both day and night: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/5422

Exterior Day - Tuned
spacer.png

Exterior Day - Original

spacer.png

Interior Day - Tuned

spacer.png

Interior Day - Original

spacer.png

I think the devs should revisit the lighting post-1.0 and make different ambient lighting for night/day. I'll admit some of the screenshots on that mod are too dark (but still brighter pre-1.0) so maybe somewhere in the middle?