(1.0) LittleRedSonja Plumbed In Water Solutions

LittleRedSonja

Hi!

Banner_1400x480_7DTD.thumb.png.156388deefcbc99da94160e910d3b4b2.png

This mod adds several plumbed in water fixtures. Unlike the dew collector these fixtures provide murky water, fresh water and even pure mineral water without waiting, just open the tap and get as much fresh water as you want, in the same way you would do with any modern sink.

Craftable in the workbench as a Variant Helper, you need to learn "Plumbing", which unlocks at Workstations level 15 for the basic features, and level 25 and 50 for more advanced features, making this a mid-game feature (The UNLOCKED version of the mod has no level requirement).

PlumbedInWaterSolutions.thumb.png.b6ad77a32dac0d11a428fe1a510780ae.png

The Plumbed In Water Fixtures are unlocked at level 15 in workstations skill. This basic version can provide unlimited Murky Water, but nothing else. It does not require a water filter to work. 
At level 25 workstations skill you will unlock the recipe for an "Industrial Water Filter". This is a mod or add-on for your Plumbed In Water Fixtures to also provide Fresh Clean Water. It requires a standard water filter to craft, which you can buy from the trader.

If you want to go one step further into fanciness, at level 50 workstations skill you unlock a recipe for a "Water Ionizer". This is a mod or add-on for your Plumbed In Water Fixtures to also provide Pure Mineral Water. You still need to learn first how mineral water is made, like you would in vanilla game (Wasteland Treasures volume 4) 😋.

In the UNLOCKED version you do not need any levels in workstations skill to unlock the recipes, everything is unlocked from the beginning. 

The water fixtures are both decorative and functional, several different models for you to choose, even separate faucets so you can create your own custom sink in your own personal style. They do not generate heat when used. 

You can pick them up again by holding "E" (you will get that same fixture back) or using a salvage tool (you will get the Variant Helper instead). 

Like all my other mods so far, this mod is "Server-side-only friendly" (if you play multiplayer the mod only need to be installed in the server, if you play single player install the mod as usual).

After version 1.1.2 the mod should be compatible with any other mod except mods that "nuke" the workstations progression skill tree. It should be 100% compatible though with any mod that adds or edit it in a less "explosive" way :). Thank you Genavimex for the help to improve the code 😘.

I hope you enjoy the mod, and if you find issues or have suggestions let me know  💜

Frequently asked questions: 

1- Is your mod compatible with X, Y or Z mod? : Yes, as far as I know my mod is compatible with every other single mod for 7DTD, including of course all my other mods, and other popular mods such as "GNS Beautiful bases" or "Sams Working Stuff". Anyway, if you experience incompatibility issues with other mods use the "UNLOCKED" version of the mod. This should not be an issue after version 1.1.2 of the mod, but if you find a mod that is incompatible with mine please let me know and I will see if a compatibility patch can be made. 

2- What version of the mod should I use?: I have included 2 versions of the mod. USE ONLY ONE OF THEM: 

- Standard version (LittleRedSonja_PlumbedWaterSolutions): You need workstations crafting skills level 15 to unlock the recipe to craft the basic plumbed water features, and successive improvements require level 25 and finally level 50. 

- Unlocked version (LittleRedSonja_PlumbedWaterSolutions_UNLOCKED): The recipes are already unlocked, you do not need levels in any crafting skill. This version is specially useful for people that want to use the plumbed water fixtures earlier in the game or people experiencing incompatibility issues with other mods.  In those cases, it is better to use this version to guarantee full compatibility and error-free gameplay.

Other than that both versions include the same features and the gameplay is the same. 

3- Can the mod be used server side only?: Yes, the mod can be used both server side only (so if the server where you play have it installed you do not need to install it yourself) or client side (if you play solo instead of multiplayer then you install the mod as usual). 

4- Why is this not included in "Fancy Home Deco?": Since this mod include a feature (free unlimited easy fresh water) that can change game balance mid-late game there might be players or servers that do not want to include it. That is why I release it as a separate feature, but it is totally compatible and integrated with my other mods.

Download:

Nexus mods: Plumbed In Water Solutions at 7 Days to Die Nexus - Mods and community (nexusmods.com)

SimFileShare: http://www.simfileshare.net/download/4792988/

Take a look at my other mods, you might find something you like 🥰:

LittleRedSonja's Profile | Nexus Mods

Edited by LittleRedSonja
Updated information for clarity and new features (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

UPDATE 1.1:

To maximize compatibility and make sure that everybody can enjoy the mod however they want I have now included 2 versions of the mod in the .zip file: 

What version of the mod should I use?: I have included 2 versions of the mod (both in the same .zip file). USE ONLY ONE OF THEM:

- Standard version (LittleRedSonja_PlumbedWaterSolutions): You need workstations crafting skills level 30 to unlock the recipe to craft the plumbed water features.

- Unlocked version (LittleRedSonja_PlumbedWaterSolutions_UNLOCKED): The recipe is already unlocked, you do not need levels in any crafting skill. This version is specially useful for people that want to use the plumbed water fixtures earlier in game or people that experience incompatibility issues when using this mod together with other mods. This should not be an issue after version 1.1.2 of the mod. Anyway, if for some reason you are experiencing issues try this version to guarantee full compatibility and error-free gameplay.

Other than that both versions include the same features and the gameplay is the same.

I hope you enjoy the mod and you like this little Update, let me know if you find any issues! 💜

Edited by LittleRedSonja
updated information about both versions (see edit history)

Posted (edited)

UPDATE 1.1.1:

- Small fix so that recipe will unlock even when the mod installs after the player reaches level 30 in workstations crafting skill. Someday I will learn how to type properly and will stop making these mistakes 😅.

Edited by LittleRedSonja
Updated info about level (see edit history)

UPDATE 1.1.2:

- Code optimization to improve compatibility of the standard version with other mods. Now this version should be compatible with any other mod except mods that "nuke" the tier 3 (cement mixer) in the workstations skill tree. It should be compatible though with any mod that adds or edit it in a less "explosive" way :). 
Thank you Genavimex for the help to improve the code.
- The recipe to craft the plumbed in water fixtures unlocks now at level 30 instead of 35 in workstations crafting skill (standard version only).           
The UNLOCKED version is untouched, since these improvements are not required in that version.  
- Improve a little bit more the Ui. Still some more work to do though. 

UPDATE 1.2.0:

Added more progression to the mod: 

-The Plumbed In Water Fixtures are unlocked at level 15 in workstations skill. This basic version can provide unlimited Murky Water, but nothing else. It does not require a water filter to work. 

- At level 25 workstations skill you will unlock the recipe for an "Industrial Water Filter". This is a mod or add-on for your Plumbed In Water Fixtures to also provide Fresh Clean Water. It requires a standard water filter to craft, which you can buy from the trader.

- If you want to go one step further into fanciness, at level 50 workstations skill you unlock a recipe for a "Water Ionizer". This is a mod or add-on for your Plumbed In Water Fixtures to also provide Pure Mineral Water. You still need to learn first how mineral water is made, like you would in vanilla game (Wasteland Treasures volume 4).
In the UNLOCKED version you do not need any levels in workstations skill to unlock the recipes, everything is unlocked from the beginning. 

- Improved the Ui a little more. I still want to remove the "ingredients" button from the Ui since it is unnecessary, and play a bit more with more colored Ui (right now I have only added some subtle dark blue tones to some of the panels, nothing too fancy).

- Fix: The water fixtures, pump and filters can only be crafted in the workbench now, and not in your backpack.

This is a big update, it adds quite a few new features, and I think it adds more depth to the mod. It was a lot of work, but I am personally happy with the result. Let me know what you think in the comments, do you like the changes, or not, and why?. Feedback is always appreciated no matter what 💜, and I am more than happy to try t make the mod as fun as possible for everybody 😘.

And as always, if you find bugs or issues let me know! 😊

UPDATE 1.2.1

A very minor update to the Ui, based on your feedback: The Inventory window will open now when interacting with the water fixtures. It was disabled before, since I considered it unnecessary, but not having it open seems to be a bit annoying when you want to install the mods on the water fixtures. Now you can see and interact with your backpack while using the plumbed in fixtures. 

Other than that no other changes.

I hope you keep enjoining the mod, let me know if you have suggestions or find issues 💜.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE 1.3.0:

- Now you can fill empty buckets to get buckets of water in any plumbed in water fixture. This can come handy if you want to make a pond or fountain, or if you are using mods that add buckets of water as crafting ingredient.     
     - Added a "Soda Fountain" variant as plumbed in water fixture.      
     - Added 8 new color variants to the water dispenser as plumbed in water fixtures, in vivid nice colors.      
     - Code optimization, removed some redundant code, removed some remaining dependencies on vanilla items to further improve compatibility with other mods and big overhauls.  
     - Small fixes: You no longer get 2 water fixtures when destroying a water fixture with high level "salvage operations". Mod items no longer look "red" when in toolbelt.      
     - Changed the color of mod icons to a nice purple-pink color, that I hope will be easier to see for color blind people.  

waterdispensercolored.thumb.png.5bf46df73f56068fec56f1176c0da1ed.png

I hope you like the update, and let me know if you find issues or have suggestions 💜