Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Jack11803

Jack11803

I missed part of the patch notes.

26 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

We've made some adjustments to the controllers in B325. If you still have concerns, please be specific on what areas of the controller you have issues with. Thanks!

I’ll make sure to hop on and try. But the change log just mentioned wraparound for the d-pad (unless I missed a note, if so, my bad).

Edit: I did in fact, miss it. The cursor is back, a few issues remain though.

When 1.0 unstable first released, the removal of the cursor, the requirement to hold triangle, and d-pad controls (mainly quick swapping) were the main issues. The lack of a cursor makes inventory management much more clunky and objectively slower than the previous top speed by a lot, requiring dozens of button clicks in a chest. The requirement to hold triangle adds nothing except slowing down using or doing something with multiple items rapidly, and the d-pad changes both made the hotkey useless (it now moves to your previous item, which on controller is ALWAYS one button away anyway because you normally use R1 / L1. Also the new buttons like light toggle being moved around cause dissonance with vehicle controls. The radial menu hot bar is an appreciated gesture, but locking the player in place and not being rapidly usable in combat due to that ultimately made it futile. 

I will say credit where it’s due, there’s now better keybinding options for controller, and aiming sensitivity, deadzone, Aim assist option, etc is all appreciated. But the actual core features of inventory management sadly took a dive.

Jack11803

Jack11803

I missed part of the patch notes.

24 minutes ago, schwanz9000 said:

We've made some adjustments to the controllers in B325. If you still have concerns, please be specific on what areas of the controller you have issues with. Thanks!

I’ll make sure to hop on and try. But the change log just mentioned wraparound for the d-pad (unless I missed a note, if so, my bad).

Edit: I did in fact, miss it.

Jack11803

Jack11803

Just now, schwanz9000 said:

I’ll make sure to hop on and try. But the change log just mentioned wraparound for the d-pad (unless I missed a note, if so, my bad). When 1.0 unstable first released, the removal of the cursor, the requirement to hold triangle, and d-pad controls (mainly quick swapping) were the main issues. The lack of a cursor makes inventory management much more clunky and objectively slower than the previous top speed by a lot, requiring dozens of button clicks in a chest. The requirement to hold triangle adds nothing except slowing down using or doing something with multiple items rapidly, and the d-pad changes both made the hotkey useless (it now moves to your previous item, which on controller is ALWAYS one button away anyway because you normally use R1 / L1. Also the new buttons like light toggle being moved around cause dissonance with vehicle controls. The radial menu hot bar is an appreciated gesture, but locking the player in place and not being rapidly usable in combat due to that ultimately made it futile. 

I will say credit where it’s due, there’s now better keybinding options for controller, and aiming sensitivity, deadzone, Aim assist option, etc is all appreciated. But the actual core features of inventory management sadly took a dive.