Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
CajunBeauty

CajunBeauty

21 minutes ago, arramus said:

This is how the Traders are working out for V1.0 as an example. This is not just for Preppocalypse, but also in default.

1. We start in the Pine Forest and since only Trader Rekt is in that Biome, he is the first Trader we visit. The game ensures only the Pine Forest trader is selected.

2. After completing those 10 Tier 1 quests with Rekt, we get given the Next Trader quest to visit Jen in the Burnt Forest.

3. If we were to visit Jen just to complete that Next Trader quest, but then move back to the Rekt area, since we may have a base there, it would not initiate a Next Trader quest for Trader Bob after we complete another 10 quests. We would have to physically return to Jen and she would then give us the location of Bob.

The Trader Progression features seem to require that we move with each Tier completion, but there is no explanation or instruction about what will happen if we don't. As such, a player may stick with 1 trader without realising they are unlocking other Next Traders, since they aren't being presented it until they visit the next Trader in the sequence. Until that is ironed out, adding custom Traders will just make things more complicated.

As soon as Rekt is complete, it may be best to just up and leave that area and be close to Jen. I'll probably do that until I get to Bob as I like the desert biome. I have also been visiting traders in all biomes even though they aren't unlocked through Next Trader Routes and it all works out just fine. It's the Next Trader progression which seems to require a revisit as it's not very user friendly.

Does that mean that I can just go to the desert and do all of the quest with Bob instead? I don't mind visiting Jen either as well. I just don't like dealing with Rekt, because he is extremely rude and too nasty for my taste. I'd just as well as let the zombies have him if I could lol. 

CajunBeauty

CajunBeauty

18 minutes ago, arramus said:

This is how the Traders are working out for V1.0 as an example. This is not just for Preppocalypse, but also in default.

1. We start in the Pine Forest and since only Trader Rekt is in that Biome, he is the first Trader we visit. The game ensures only the Pine Forest trader is selected.

2. After completing those 10 Tier 1 quests with Rekt, we get given the Next Trader quest to visit Jen in the Burnt Forest.

3. If we were to visit Jen just to complete that Next Trader quest, but then move back to the Rekt area, since we may have a base there, it would not initiate a Next Trader quest for Trader Bob after we complete another 10 quests. We would have to physically return to Jen and she would then give us the location of Bob.

The Trader Progression features seem to require that we move with each Tier completion, but there is no explanation or instruction about what will happen if we don't. As such, a player may stick with 1 trader without realising they are unlocking other Next Traders, since they aren't being presented it until they visit the next Trader in the sequence. Until that is ironed out, adding custom Traders will just make things more complicated.

As soon as Rekt is complete, it may be best to just up and leave that area and be close to Jen. I'll probably do that until I get to Bob as I like the desert biome. I have also been visiting traders in all biomes even though they aren't unlocked through Next Trader Routes and it all works out just fine. It's the Next Trader progression which seems to require a revisit as it's not very user friendly.

Does that mean that I can just go to the desert and do all of the quest with him instead? I don't mind visiting Jen either as well. I just don't like dealing with Rekt, because his extremely rude and too nasty for my taste. I'd just as well as let the zombies have him if I could lol.