Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
LordSoth01

LordSoth01

Always loved these mods from the Oakraven collection.
There is one recurring theme that's nagged me while trying to re-organize and update A21 and v1.0 mods and that's more progression.

Is it possible to apply that to some of these like the Chicken Coops? Like, instead of being able to craft all versions at once, perhaps you have to find a book/magazine for each variant? That way each playthrough could be additionally different with the mod.

Ideas on it, using Chicken Coop example:
1.) Each variant locked behind a readable (book, schematic, magazine, note, old VHS tape lol).
2.) Tiered versions. Shoddy basic starter structures going up to more deluxe variants that would give better yields, handle more, etc.
3.) Quality levels - could find a way to use quality levels based on other things if there isn't a "crafter" skill used directly, like materials used to adding an additional skill and have it part of a "Core"  modlet for other mods to use that would have something like "carpentry" and a learn by use leveling skill system like the Learn By Use mod.
Always like the workstations based on crafter skill and materials used like in the Star Wars Galaxies system. The way materials were done there wouldn't be able to be replicated without some heavy additions, but there are other options.

This would continue to add to the randomness and difference of playthroughs.  Just a thought.
Great work in it's current state though, so thank you for all this!

Edit: Come to think of it... I wonder why we havent used more VHS tapes and CDs for instructional/learning use. Think it was Xyth who set up the video players, right? I think the Winterween team had music players for notes I think (OCBMaurice?). Could throw those into the mix of "things to find" and give additional usage and value to old tapes, tvs, vhs players/video players, cd players, consoles, PC's, etc so you could repair and get working to play these and learn from them. Pretty sure someone had something like that with PCs and treasure maps as well.

LordSoth01

LordSoth01

Always loved these mods from the Oakraven collection.
There is one recurring theme that's nagged me while trying to re-organize and update A21 and v1.0 mods and that's more progression.

Is it possible to apply that to some of these like the Chicken Coops? Like, instead of being able to craft all versions at once, perhaps you have to find a book/magazine for each variant? That way each playthrough could be additionally different with the mod.

Ideas on it, using Chicken Coop example:
1.) Each variant locked behind a readable (book, schematic, magazine, note, old VHS tape lol).
2.) Tiered versions. Shoddy basic starter structures going up to more deluxe variants that would give better yields, handle more, etc.
3.) Quality levels - could find a way to use quality levels based on other things if there isn't a "crafter" skill used directly, like materials used to adding an additional skill and have it part of a "Core"  modlet for other mods to use that would have something like "carpentry" and a learn by use leveling skill system like the Learn By Use mod.
Always like the workstations based on crafter skill and materials used like in the Star Wars Galaxies system. The way materials were done there wouldn't be able to be replicated without some heavy additions, but there are other options.

This would continue to add to the randomness and difference of playthroughs.  Just a thought.
Great work in it's current state though, so thank you for all this!