Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
LittleRedSonja

LittleRedSonja

typos

On 7/25/2024 at 3:22 PM, Shino said:

I'm playing with the BeyondCrafting mod which enables crafting from containers for the game and it's such a life saver. My only problem with it is that the range is humongous and it also allows repairs and upgrades, which when mass repairing a hordebase can lead to some complications (such as upgrading 1 block 1 tier too far)

It'd be great if it were a new type of container unlocked by tech tree progression or bought at traders. Player starts basic and primitive and as they go climbing the tech tiers they unlock the remote crafting option (a new type of crate that comes both in Iron or steel ) that broadcast all storage to nearby crafting stations and your inventory in a 20 block radius. But make it so upgrades/repairs need the item in the current inventory instead to balance things out.

Hi!

I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but similar mods, such as "Beyond Storage" and "Craft from containers" create a "settings" file called config.json that is created inside a subfolder in the mod folder after you start the game with the mod installed. It is a file that you can open for example with notepad. 

Inside that file you can edit several settings, for example range, or what features you want to allow or disallow (for example if you want to allow repairs from containers or not).

Like I said, I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but I am pretty sure that it operates in a similar way to the other 2 and if that is the case you should have that config.json inside a subfolder in the mod folder. Just edit it to your liking 💜.

If you need help editing the settings just let me know, but it is usually pretty easy 💜.

On 7/25/2024 at 3:22 PM, Shino said:

I'm playing with the BeyondCrafting mod which enables crafting from containers for the game and it's such a life saver. My only problem with it is that the range is humongous and it also allows repairs and upgrades, which when mass repairing a hordebase can lead to some complications (such as upgrading 1 block 1 tier too far)

It'd be great if it were a new type of container unlocked by tech tree progression or bought at traders. Player starts basic and primitive and as they go climbing the tech tiers they unlock the remote crafting option (a new type of crate that comes both in Iron or steel ) that broadcast all storage to nearby crafting stations and your inventory in a 20 block radius. But make it so upgrades/repairs need the item in the current inventory instead to balance things out.

Hi!

I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but similar mods, such as "Beyond Storage" and "Craft from containers" create a "settings" file called config.json that is created inside a subfolder in the mod folder after you start the game with the mod installed. It is a file that you can open for example with notepad. 

Inside that file you can edit several settings, for example range, or what features you want to allow or disallow (for example if you want to allow repairs from containers or not). Like I said, I do not know about "BeyondCrafting", but I am pretty sure that it operates in a similar way to the other 2 and if that is the case you should have that config.json inside a subfolder in the mod folder. Just edit it to your liking 💜.

If you need help editing the settings just let me know, but it is usually pretty easy 💜.