Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Belgarion32

Belgarion32

After 8hrs on my playthrough here are (apparently a lot of) mine:

• The new character models are nice but too limited.
  • Armor progression so far feels pretty meh. I used to craft a fair amount of armor but right now I pretty much forget it's even a part of the game it's dropped so infrequently and takes so long to unlock the next tier.
  • The new forced RWG of no real cities in the forest straight sucks. I don't enjoy being forcing to the other biomes and it makes me not want to start building a base. I'm not going to move two crates worth of stuff to a new city with a bike. So for me it's basically just forced a nomad playstyle.
  • Animals are too sparse and canned food/good food is entirely too prevalent. I haven't crafted a single food item except for the challenge whereas I used to prioritize getting to bacon and eggs at least.
  • Anyone know how to rip out all of Rekt's character line audio files without causing the game to crash?
  • The loot that's dropped doesn't make the most sense. Why am I getting legendary crafting materials from clothes on the ground and the not the safe or police car I just spent far too many lockpicks on? Or why am I getting t1 stone axes still when I have t2 claw hammers unlocked, seems like the spread of what is available in the loot pool is wide.
  • I don't know how early is too early, but why is Rekt selling a 15k crucible on day 8? I barely bought anything from him and felt like I was doing well with 6k+ before I saw that.
  • The occlusion seems set too aggressive, turning quickly with ~500 dpi causes gaps while the game catches back up, I just turned it off and the issue stopped.
  • Good news! Arrow hit registers seem more consistent now.
  • The crafting challenge to craft pipe bombs should get changed less than 20, I don't think I've thrown 20 pipe bombs in all my hours playing.
  • I don't like how particular the harvesting challenges are, no matter what I'm scrapping/using to harvest/the item I'm harvesting in particular, if it gives the items the challenges asks for, the challenge should register it.
  • Really liking the remnant buildings and new POIs. Got sent to the T2 crypt today and IMO it might be one of the best looking/laid out I've seen.
  • Zombies seem to stagger forward more every update - hate that.
  • The animations overall feel nice but also overly exaggerated and I hope a slider can get added to decrease the effects on the screen or an option can get added to turn the screen movement effects off entirely. In particular the sneak animation rocking the screen back and forth is incredibly annoying after going more than 100m.
  • The shaders on the zombies in some lights are not fun to try to make out from the other textures as they just blend in a lot and they're too grey against the grey. The mechanic is the worst for that, the others not as much.
  • Good changes to the dew collector, I crafted my first one ever yesterday. Not because I needed water at all but because the challenge.
  • New mods for helmets are a little silly. There's no real point in using any of the +1 skill point mods if you get a water filter mod shortly after which is what happened for me.

Belgarion32

Belgarion32

After 8hrs on my playthrough here are (apparently a lot of) mine:

• The new character models are nice but too limited.
  • Armor progression so far feels pretty meh. I used to craft a fair amount of armor but right now I pretty much forget it's even a part of the game it's dropped so infrequently and takes so long to unlock the next tier.
  • The new forced RWG of no real cities in the forest straight sucks. I don't enjoy being forcing to the other biomes and it makes me not want to start building a base. I'm not going to move two crates worth of stuff to a new city with a bike. So for me it's basically just forced a nomad playstyle.
  • Animals are too sparse and canned food/good food is entirely too prevalent. I haven't crafted a single food item except for the challenge whereas I used to prioritize getting to bacon and eggs at least.
  • Anyone know how to rip out all of Rekt's character line audio files without causing the game to crash?
  • The loot that's dropped doesn't make the most sense. Why am I getting legendary crafting materials from clothes on the ground and the not the safe or police car I just spent far too many lockpicks on? Or why am I getting t1 stone axes still when I have t2 claw hammers unlocked, seems like the spread of what is available in the look pool is wide.
  • I don't know how early is too early, but why is Rekt selling a 15k crucible on day 8? I barely bought anything from him and felt like I was doing well with 6k+ before I saw that.
  • The occlusion seems set too aggressive, turning quickly with ~500 dpi causes gaps while the game catches back up, I just turned it off and the issue stopped.
  • Good news! Arrow hit registers seem more consistent now.
  • The crafting challenge to craft pipe bombs should get changed less than 20, I don't think I've thrown 20 pipe bombs in all my hours playing.
  • I don't like how particular the harvesting challenges are, no matter what I'm scrapping/using to harvest/the item I'm harvesting in particular, if it gives the items the challenges asks for, the challenge should register it.
  • Really liking the remnant buildings and new POIs. Got sent to the T2 crypt today and IMO it might be one of the best looking/laid out I've seen.
  • Zombies seem to stagger forward more every update - hate that.
  • The animations overall feel nice but also overly exaggerated and I hope a slider can get added to decrease the effects on the screen or an option can get added to turn the screen movement effects off entirely. In particular the sneak animation rocking the screen back and forth is incredibly annoying after going more than 100m.
  • The shaders on the zombies in some lights are not fun to try to make out from the other textures as they just blend in a lot and they're too grey against the grey. The mechanic is the worst for that, the others not as much.
  • Good changes to the dew collector, I crafted my first one ever yesterday. Not because I needed water at all but because the challenge.
  • New mods for helmets are a little silly. There's no real point in using any of the +1 skill point mods if you get a water filter mod shortly after which is what happened for me.