Weekly Game, May 19th till 25th.

Hello all, this is the first post of the 4th weekly game thread.

The last 3 weeks I have been working on getting the skills I need, to be able to post/play a game of 7 Days to Die.  The game will cover the play of a single character, using the Vanilla game, but with the settings set to the easiest settings rather than to the default ones.  I'm targeting an audience for brand new players, who may want to see the game being played, not by an expert, but by someone who themselves is still learning this great game.  To make things a bit more interesting/challenging, I will not be using any weapon types more advanced than the initially available ones that the player can craft on day one, and only those that have to do with harvesting some type or resources. 

This means:

Any type/level of axes, shovels, or bows (meat is a resource), and of course knives.  No firearms can be used, so everything will be up close and personal, with bow & arrows being the only kind of ranged combat allowed.  Additionally, the only armor allowed is that which my character makes themselves, or found level 6 items, but only up to and including Padded Armor.  All other weapons/armor will be sold or scrapped.

The single modification to the games files (settings included as part of the game are NOT modifications), is the pre-game editing of the maps spawn points, so that every player that plays in any of these games will always start in the same place.  I am interested in playing private games only for now, but I will be wanting to explore planned multiplayer party games at some point, where all players make new characters each week/game, and try to focus on playing as part of a team, with skills developed to maximize the teams capabilities from day one.  If I can get things set up for a reliable 4 player game, that runs for a single week, perhaps I can try the Intellect/Charisma build, where one player maxes out Intellect/Charisma right off, and gets the first Charisma perk, (50% faster healing) sometime during day one.  By hoard night, perhaps the full Charisma perk tree can be enjoyed by the whole party.  But that experiment is further ahead, for when I can build a team that all can play together, at least for the 2-3 play sessions needed to complete the goal of playing through to hoard night as a group.

So, the actual gameplay will start sometime after midnight tonight, and this weeks game will be a solo adventure and exploration of the how to's of playing/posting in a better manner than the last three weeks.

Posted (edited)

Something weird happened today, so I have to ask a question.  Can someone hack the game and cause their allies/teammates to be killed by mines within the trader compounds, and basically crash the game?  That is what happened to me today, and all within minutes of the third guy joining our game.

Update:  It was worse than I knew, the game didn't just crash, the save game file was corrupted and made unplayable.  My friend and I had played this particular saved game for weeks, and had on two previous occasions had two different folks join us for some 3 man team-play, and there we no computer issues with any of that.

We then were joined by another guy, who is an acquaintance of ours, and in a short time the game went completely bonkers, and the save game file was corrupted.  Are there any known issues with malware, different gamestage characters running quests out of the same trader, or mix of fast/slow computers that could cause this?

Edited by WarMongerian
clarifications and expanded info. (see edit history)

0317 hrs, Friday, May 24th, 2024.

Ok, so this weeks game didn't get done, much drama and stuff going on.  I'll just throw in the towel on this week's game, and just ask questions about  thread building for now, and in preparation for Sunday's game.

I have thought about using a format for separating types of thread content, as well as separating game days.  Here is my current template  for game days:

Day 1

Have a big, visually identifier, then post the videos for that specific day, cover the base and points allocation, and (perhaps) try my hand a some creative writing and making up stories about my digital dudes adventures in the world of 7 Days to Die.

Day 2

Videos, recap of the days events, then maybe a short story.

Day 3

Videos, recap, story.

Would something like this be a desired thing?  I have a title in mind, but want folks to tell me if the title/storyline is ok, or too offensive.

I'm thinking about calling the fictional story something like "The Adventures of {Fum Ducker}, a clueless moron's attempt to play the game from spawn to hoard night, without using firearms",  and try to gives some short tidbits from my in-game character's perspective.

So, once again sorry that this is taking me so long, but I have not forgotten this project.