Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

I do agree that there is a general lack of qol. I woudn't say its as agregious as some games, but it could use some work.

The windows issue happens to me on occasion, it seems to be mostly due to the extreme darkness on the interior of buildings making everything appear dark until one goes outside. This is better/worse in certain pois, but hopefully recieves improvements, as it can be extremely jarring. The darkness in interiors is another aspect they are working on.

Here's a few examples of things I've found:

You can only have one craft item tracked on screen. This also hides any trader quests that may be active. I'm very surprised this wasn't fixed/tweaked quickly after A21.

You can't hide the popups, or the hud elements of the poi/biome difficulty indicators. This will likely only come after the HUD rework, so sadly it seems we'll have to wait for a fairly long time for this.

Drinking water from a water source is unintuitive. I was unable to figure out how to drink, as you have to stand by the water, stand still and stare at it for a few seconds until it prompts you. This waiting period is not explained anywhere in a journal entry, and is just weirdly implemented. You can call me dumb (true), but this should be explained, or more obvious, due to how important it can be earlygame before you find a source of clean water.

You can't select the quality for equipment in the creative menu.

Some door frames remain at 1hp when doors are destroyed, and are repaired with seemingly random materials. This also repairs the door, in some cases taking a very high amount of random materials, like 50 brass to repair a 250hp wooden door, while a standard 1000hp wooden door only takes a small amount of wood. Some doors have this problem, some don't.

Some spike hitboxes can be completely unhittable. I remember going to a survivor site poi surrounded by spikes, and no matter what angle I tried to hit them at, the attacks wouldn't register. This also applies to repairing placed spikes. It can get annoying. The same thing applies for the repair hitbox for window glass.

Doors can now be attacked through, but the hitboxes for these can be iffy, espescially with melee weapons. You could hit through the hole, but damage the door instead.

Some perks such as fast healing have unmentioned or unclear downsides.

The inventory lock system is a bit unintuitive. Better than nothing, but it could be improved drastically.

And finally, stealth can be really janky. I've had trigger zombies spawn directly behind me, as in, nearly touching my player. Funny thing is, this guy didn't notice me, while zombies spawned by me pressing a button while I'm hidding in a dark corner somehow immediately lock on. Not saying you need to be able to stealth everything, but the system can be a bit funny

User

User

I do agree that there is a general lack of qol. I woudn't say its as agregious as some games, but it could use some work.

The windows issue happens to me on occasion, it seems to be mostly due to the extreme darkness on the interior of buildings making everything appear dark until one goes outside. This is better/worse in certain pois, but hopefully recieves improvements, as it can be extremely jarring. The darkness in interiors is another aspect they are working on.

You can only have one craft item tracked on screen. This also hides any trader quests that may be active. I'm very surprised this wasn't fixed/tweaked quickly after A21.

You can't hide the popups, or the hud elements of the poi/biome difficulty indicators. This will likely only come after the HUD rework, so sadly it seems we'll have to wait for a fairly long time for this.

Drinking water from a water source is unintuitive. I was unable to figure out how to drink, as you have to stand by the water, stand still and stare at it for a few seconds until it prompts you. This waiting period is not explained anywhere in a journal entry, and is just weirdly implemented. You can call me dumb, but this should be explained, or more obvious, due to how important it can be earlygame before you find a source of clean water.

Some door frames remain at 1hp when doors are destroyed, and are repaired with seemingly random materials. This also repairs the door, in some cases taking a very high amount of random materials, like 50 brass to repair a 250hp wooden door, while a standard 1000hp wooden door only takes a small amount of wood. Some doors have this problem, some don't.

Some spike hitboxes can be completely unhittable. I remember going to a survivor site poi surrounded by spikes, and no matter what angle I tried to hit them at, the attacks wouldn't register. This also applies to repairing placed spikes. It can get annoying. The same thing applies for the repair hitbox for window glass.

Doors can now be attacked through, but the hitboxes for these can be iffy, espescially with melee weapons. You could hit through the hole, but damage the door instead.

The inventory lock system is a bit unintuitive. Better than nothing, but it could be improved drastically.

And finally, stealth can be really janky. I've had trigger zombies spawn directly behind me, as in, nearly touching my player. Funny thing is, this guy didn't notice me, while zombies spawned by me pressing a button while I'm hidding in a dark corner somehow immediately lock on. Not saying you need to be able to stealth everything, but the system can be a bit funny

User

User

Drinking water from a water source is unintuitive. I've seen many people (including myself) be unable to figure out how to drink, as you have to stand by the water, stand still and stare at it for a few seconds until it prompts you. This waiting period is not explained anywhere in a journal entry, and is just weirdly implemented. You can call me dumb, but this should be explained, or more obvious, due to how important it can be earlygame before you find a source of clean water.

User

User

Drinking water from a water source is unintuitive. I've seen many people (including myself) be unable to figure out how to drink, as you have to stand by the water, stand still and stare at it for a few seconds until it prompts you. This waiting period is not explained anywhere in a journal entry, and is just weirdly implemented. You can call me dumb, but this should be explained, or more obvious, due to how important it can be earlygame before you find a source of clean water.

And finally, stealth can be really janky. I've had trigger zombies spawn directly behind me, as in, nearly touching my player. Funny thing is, this guy didn't notice me, while zombies spawned by me pressing a button while I'm hidding in a dark corner somehow immediately lock on. Not saying you need to be able to stealth everything, but the system can be a bit funny.

Not entirely sure if all of this is qol, but I think fixi

User

User

And finally, stealth can be really janky. I've had trigger zombies spawn directly behind me, as in, nearly touching my player. Funny thing is, this guy didn't notice me, while zombies spawned by me pressing a button while I'm hidding in a dark corner somehow immediately lock on. Not saying you need to be able to stealth everything, but the system can be a bit funny.

Not entirely sure if all of this is qol, but I think fixi