Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

You have only 6 votes.  I wouldn't assume that the first few people voting constitute that general opinion of everyone.  😀

My thoughts on it are that I don't want an easy way to avoid zombies.  I'd rather be forced to run away if they manage to break through my base.  That adds a lot more excitement than just getting in a vehicle and driving.  Even increasing has usage wouldn't really impact much.  You can drive fast enough to be out of range in a few seconds and then stop until zombies start closing in again and repeat.  Even with increased gas usage, you aren't going to need to do all that much driving.  And it is trivial to refill the gas tank of you carry fuel with you.

Now, whether or not they should try to prevent cheesing horde night through the use of vehicles.... That is another topic.

Of course, now that you can kill zombies with vehicles, you can basically spend all horde night driving over zombies with impunity if you keep enough repair kits on hand, so having those vultures is probably a good idea just to add a small amount of difficulty.

As a side note, you can still drive away from zombies on horde night if they aren't set to sprint (maybe even if set to sprint).  You just have to drive slowly and stop after very short distances.  You can stay just out of reach and it doesn't seem like you ever trigger those vultures from what I've seen.  I did it once when I gave myself a lot of experience for free in the first week and found out that the first horde night is significantly harder when doing so since I didn't also give myself better gear.  They broke my minimal wood/cobble base quickly and I was on the ground without much to keep me alive so I used a minibike and drive slowly for short distances and never had an issue.  Of course, maybe that was only because it was the first horde night, but I did have cops already, so I would have expected those vultures as well.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about it after I came up with the idea, like what would stop players from just refueling/reparing constantly? 😅 Didn't really think it through I suppose.

I guess something just bothers me about the current system. I agree that there shouldn't be an easy way to nullify it- the challenge, so its this sort of weird problem where vehicles make it easy, but on the other hand, massively punishing players for trying it feels a bit off as well. Not sure how to explain it in depth.

User

User

3 hours ago, Riamus said:

You have only 6 votes.  I wouldn't assume that the first few people voting constitute that general opinion of everyone.  😀

My thoughts on it are that I don't want an easy way to avoid zombies.  I'd rather be forced to run away if they manage to break through my base.  That adds a lot more excitement than just getting in a vehicle and driving.  Even increasing has usage wouldn't really impact much.  You can drive fast enough to be out of range in a few seconds and then stop until zombies start closing in again and repeat.  Even with increased gas usage, you aren't going to need to do all that much driving.  And it is trivial to refill the gas tank of you carry fuel with you.

Now, whether or not they should try to prevent cheesing horde night through the use of vehicles.... That is another topic.

Of course, now that you can kill zombies with vehicles, you can basically spend all horde night driving over zombies with impunity if you keep enough repair kits on hand, so having those vultures is probably a good idea just to add a small amount of difficulty.

As a side note, you can still drive away from zombies on horde night if they aren't set to sprint (maybe even if set to sprint).  You just have to drive slowly and stop after very short distances.  You can stay just out of reach and it doesn't seem like you ever trigger those vultures from what I've seen.  I did it once when I gave myself a lot of experience for free in the first week and found out that the first horde night is significantly harder when doing so since I didn't also give myself better gear.  They broke my minimal wood/cobble base quickly and I was on the ground without much to keep me alive so I used a minibike and drive slowly for short distances and never had an issue.  Of course, maybe that was only because it was the first horde night, but I did have cops already, so I would have expected those vultures as well.

Yeah, I was actually thinking about it after I came up with the idea, like what would stop players from just refueling/reparing constantly constantly? 😅 Didn't really think it through I suppose.

I guess something just bothers me about the current system. I agree that there shouldn't be an easy way to nullify it- the challenge, so its this sort of weird problem where vehicles make it easy, but on the other hand, massively punishing players for trying it feels a bit off as well. Not sure how to explain it in depth.