Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
ZuluBtw

ZuluBtw

added more information

hi all - 3rd post here, it has me wondering if theres a discord so I dont have to make threads on multiple things, lol...

anyways - I have created a custom buff that triggers on kill, and increases your speed + damage - that all works perfectly fine, however, the damage doesnt seem to make sense.

my custom buff mod works as follows: when you get a killing blow, you gain X speed and X entity damage for your next attack, with the final rank being "1" entity damage (which I figured was just doubling your damage), but when I test this in game, it seems to do not deal the damage I would expect. I bumped the number up to "3" entity damage as a different test, and my results were:

level 3 steel club:

power attack on bears side = 108 damage
power attack on bears side with buff = 255 damage

a difference of 147 damage

I then modified the entity damage in my custom buff to "2.5", and the numbers were:

power attack on bears side = 108 (as usual)
power attack on bears side with buff = 230 damage

lowering the entity damage by .5 changed the club damage by 25 points.

there must be some sort of set number it is scaling off of, im not sure what, because using the power attack damage as reference does not line up with the numbers im seeing, and using the power attack numbers on the club itself doesnt add up (it would be 219 damage if tripled, which doesnt account for an extra 36 damage) - I am just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here (P.S: I did not have any any perk points spent + I did not have mods on my club)

ZuluBtw

ZuluBtw

hi all - 3rd post here, it has me wondering if theres a discord so I dont have to make threads on multiple things, lol...

anyways - I have created a custom buff that triggers on kill, and increases your speed + damage - that all works perfectly fine, however, the damage doesnt seem to make sense.

my custom buff mod works as follows: when you get a killing blow, you gain X speed and X entity damage for your next attack, with the final rank being "1" entity damage (which I figured was just doubling your damage), but when I test this in game, it seems to do not deal the damage I would expect. I bumped the number up to "3" entity damage as a different test, and my results were:

level 3 steel club:

power attack on bears side = 108 damage
power attack on bears side with buff = 255 damage

a difference of 147 damage

I then modified the entity damage in my custom buff to "2.5", and the numbers were:

power attack on bears side = 108 (as usual)
power attack on bears side with buff = 230 damage

lowering the entity damage by .5 changed the club damage by 25 points.

there must be some sort of set number it is scaling off of, im not sure what, because using the power attack damage as reference does not line up with the numbers im seeing. I am just wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction here (P.S: I did not have any any perk points spent + I did not have mods on my club)