Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

18 minutes ago, meganoth said:

It's just that TFP changed cabinets to be this way an alpha ago and there have not been mountains of complaints so I don't think this will change. Cabinets turn up in the hundreds while looting and this behaviour has clear advantages.  

The only concession to home stylists that I could see TFP doing would be to add a cabinet-skin to the craftable container. And even if they want to do that it could take a while. So in the meantime you have to either use mods or trick the game.

Yeah, true. it's not the end of the world, just a qol thing. I don't see them changing it, but it would definitely be nice if we could have some kind of middle ground, or setting. Its cool to see them open after looting, and is convenient for people quickly wanting to ascertain whats looted and what is not. I just get a bit of ocd whenever I loot a kitchen and the ovens, cabinets, etc are stuck open, and I can no longer use them, unless I remember to use the little trick. There's probably some middle ground, but yeah like you said not many people seem to care that much. But if there's some way to make it even better down the line, why not, right?

On the topic of qol though, what would be really nice would be able to have multiple crafting trackers at once, with a trader quest active simulatenously. Runner up goes to an option to disable the poi difficulty indicator. Those are what I'm hoping for in terms of qol.

User

User

17 minutes ago, meganoth said:

It's just that TFP changed cabinets to be this way an alpha ago and there have not been mountains of complaints so I don't think this will change. Cabinets turn up in the hundreds while looting and this behaviour has clear advantages.  

The only concession to home stylists that I could see TFP doing would be to add a cabinet-skin to the craftable container. And even if they want to do that it could take a while. So in the meantime you have to either use mods or trick the game.

Yeah, true. it's not the end of the world, just a qol thing. I don't see them changing it, but it would definitely be nice if we could have some kind of middle ground, or setting. Its cool to see them open after looting, and is convenient for people quickly wanting to ascertain whats looted and what is not. I just get a bit of ocd whenever I loot a kitchen and the ovens, cabinets, etc are stuck open, and I can no longer use them, unless I remember to use the little trick. There's probably some middle ground, but yeah like you said not many people seem to care that much. But if there's some way to make it even better down the line, why not, right?

On the topic of qol though, what would be really nice would be able to have multiple crafting trackers at once, with a trader quest active simulatenously. Runner up goes to an option to disable to difficulty indicator. Those are what I'm hoping for in terms of qol.

User

User

9 minutes ago, meganoth said:

Yeah, true. it's not the end of the world, just a qol thing. I don't see them changing it, but it would definitely be nice if we could have some kind of middle ground, or setting. Its cool to see them open after looting, and is convenient for people quickly wanting to ascertain whats looted and what is not. I just get a bit of ocd whenever I loot a kitchen and the ovens, cabinets, etc are stuck open, and I can no longer use them, unless I remember to use the little trick. There's probably some middle ground, but yeah like you said not many people seem to care that much.

On the topic of qol though, what would be really nice would be able to have multiple crafting trackers at once, with a trader quest active simulatenously. Runner up goes to an option to disable to difficulty indicator. Those are what I'm hoping for in terms of qol.