Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
tdevine

tdevine

Trying to put a lot of facts and answers into one thread.  Please put the number of the question in the beginning of your response so others can quickly find what they are looking for.

1  How to name a POI so that name shows up in game.  The editor name may not be the one you want for the game.  Example, TFP "Factory 1" is actually "Shamway".  I can't find the file to set the name I actually want.  And if you want a name that's more than one word in the editor, you can use a space or it will give you an error. I can use "_" between words, but I would like to do it better than that.

2  What tool do I need to modify a .dll file for this game?

3  When you copy a sleeper volume, why does it copy the size of the volume and number of zombies to spawn, but NOT the trigger of the original volume?

4  What is the purpose of the Load Into button as compared to just using the Load to Clipboard button to bring a copy of an existing POI into your new project or POI?

tdevine

tdevine

Trying to put a lot of facts and answers into one thread.  Please put the number of the question in the beginning of your response so others can quickly find what they are looking for.

1  How to name a POI so that name shows up in game.  The editor name may not be the one you want for the game.  Example, TFP "Factory 1" is actually "Shamway".  I can't find the file to set the name I actually want.  And if you want a name that's more than one word in the editor, you can use a space or it will give you an error. I can use "_" between words, but I would like to do it better than that.

3  When you copy a sleeper volume, why does it copy the size of the volume and number of zombies to spawn, but NOT the trigger of the original volume?

tdevine

tdevine

tdevine

tdevine

2  How to make your Editor toolbelt larger to be more convenient.  Go to Config/XUI/Windows.xml

Search for toolbelt 

tdevine

tdevine

2  How to make your Editor toolbelt larger to be more convenient.  Go to Config/XUI/Windows.xml

Search for toolbelt and find this:

<window name="windowToolbelt" width="753" height="78" depth="5" anchor="CenterBottom" pos="-376, 92" backgroundcolor="[black]" controller="ToolbeltWindow" cursor_area="true" xp_fill_speed="2.5" >
    <!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<rect>
            <sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />
                        <rect pos="3,-3" controller="Toolbelt">
                <grid depth="10" name="inventory" rows="1" cols="17" pos="-310,0" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true">
                    <item_stack name="0"/>
                </grid>
                <button depth="3" name="btnClearInventory1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_trash" tooltip_key="lblClearInventory" pos="800, -32" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{creativewindowopen}" />
                <grid depth="10" name="inventory2" rows="1" cols="17" pos="-310,82" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" visible="{secondrow}">
                    <item_stack name="0"/>
                </grid>

These lines are already modified by me to get a centered 34 box toolbelt in the editor so you can copy and paste or try your own values.

inventory.png

tdevine

tdevine

<window name="windowToolbelt" width="753" height="78" depth="5" anchor="CenterBottom" pos="-376, 92" backgroundcolor="[black]" controller="ToolbeltWindow" cursor_area="true" xp_fill_speed="2.5" >
    <!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<rect>
            <sprite depth="8" name="backgroundMain" sprite="menu_empty3px" color="[black]" type="sliced" fillcenter="false" on_press="true" />

<grid depth="10" name="inventory" rows="1" cols="17" pos="-310,0" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true">
                    <item_stack name="0"/>
                </grid>
                <button depth="3" name="btnClearInventory1" sprite="ui_game_symbol_trash" tooltip_key="lblClearInventory" pos="800, -32" style="icon32px, press, hover" pivot="center" sound="[paging_click]" visible="{creativewindowopen}" />
                <grid depth="10" name="inventory2" rows="1" cols="17" pos="-310,82" cell_width="75" cell_height="75" repeat_content="true" visible="{secondrow}">
                    <item_stack name="0"/>
                </grid>

These lines are already modified by me to get a centered 34 box toolbelt in the editor so you can copy and paste or try your own values.

inventory.png

tdevine

tdevine

<!--#$-IGS END.-$#-->

<rect>

<item_stack name="0"/>
                </grid>
                    <item_stack name="0"/>
                </grid>

More to come......

inventory.png

tdevine

tdevine

More to come......