Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

47 minutes ago, faatal said:

When I say 15% to 20%+ boost, that is typical FPS boost, not some special case. Each camera uses a lot of main thread CPU for setup and culling.

Unity 6 LTS update is the plan. Much of those U6 perf gains are for SRP (HDRP), which would require a full graphics system update (shaders, lights, postprocessing), so not anytime soon for 7days or maybe ever. We are doing HDRP in our next Unity game, so we are going through those issues now and they are huge.

As far as I know, TFP is developing 2-3 more games. One of them might be on UE5. By another game on Unity, do you mean 7 DBM or the 2nd game that is being developed by TFP and not iLLOGIKA? And if so, why would such a small studio need 2 engines? Isn't it easier to work with 1 engine?

Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

47 minutes ago, faatal said:

When I say 15% to 20%+ boost, that is typical FPS boost, not some special case. Each camera uses a lot of main thread CPU for setup and culling.

Unity 6 LTS update is the plan. Much of those U6 perf gains are for SRP (HDRP), which would require a full graphics system update (shaders, lights, postprocessing), so not anytime soon for 7days or maybe ever. We are doing HDRP in our next Unity game, so we are going through those issues now and they are huge.

As far as I know, TFP is developing 2-3 more games. One of them might be on UE5. By another game on Unity, do you mean 7 DBM or the 2nd game that is being developed by TFP and not iLLOGIKA? And if so, why would such a small studio need 2 engines? Isn't it easier to work with one engine?

Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

46 minutes ago, faatal said:

As far as I know, TFP is developing 2-3 more games. One of them might be on UE5. By another game on Unity, do you mean 7 DBM or the 2nd game that is being developed by TFP and not iLLOGIKA? And if so, why would such a small studio need 2 engines? Isn't it easier to work on one?

Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

6 minutes ago, faatal said:

As far as I know, TFP is developing 2-3 more games. One of them should be on UE5. By another game on Unity, do you mean 7 DBM or the 2nd game that is being developed by TFP and not iLLOGIKA? And if so, why would such a small studio need 2 engines? Isn't it easier to work on one?