Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

19 hours ago, faatal said:

1 There could be a 1.3.

2 There are big and small optimizations we are working on. A big one is the merging of the weapon camera into the main camera, which is giving a 15% to 20% performance boost or even higher in some cases. The merge effected a variety of things with hands/weapons poking through walls and FOV and shadow differences, but is mostly complete and should be in 1.2.

3 People on the team did not like the smaller numbers and I don't care as those numbers are free. ;)

Thanks, I was laying low, recovering from 1.0 and getting some of my days off.

I take it camera merging will mainly improve GPU performance? But the main bottle neck is the CPU, as Unity loads it pretty low and the GPU is idle. What will be improved for the CPU in the future? Or will cameras merging improve performance also in scenarios where performance is CPU-limited?

And do you plan to update to Unity 6 in the future when it becomes LTS? Because it and Unity 2023 also have performance improvements.

Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

18 hours ago, faatal said:

1 There could be a 1.3.

2 There are big and small optimizations we are working on. A big one is the merging of the weapon camera into the main camera, which is giving a 15% to 20% performance boost or even higher in some cases. The merge effected a variety of things with hands/weapons poking through walls and FOV and shadow differences, but is mostly complete and should be in 1.2.

3 People on the team did not like the smaller numbers and I don't care as those numbers are free. ;)

Thanks, I was laying low, recovering from 1.0 and getting some of my days off.

I take it camera merging will mainly improve GPU performance? But the main bottle neck is the CPU, as Unity loads it pretty low and the GPU is idle. What will be improved for the CPU in the future? Or will cameras merging improve performance also in scenarios where performance is CPU-limited?