Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here

Been playing this game for almost 2 years now, love it, play it most days; so i obviously follow the game's progress, the main forum threads etc, install and play each and every version that comes out;    but signed up as i (like some others have been posting in the last couple of hours) am confused re b333 and Stable. I've been thru all the Beta and non-Beta options in Steam, i'm familiar with all that; however the top right of the game screen still says (v1.0 b333), Steam's news page still only mentions v1.0 B332 EXP (b333 Hotfix).  i maintain different folder structures for each version, for example ~

F:\games\7 Days to Die>dir /b
7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b316).EXP.b317.Hotfix.with.Guppy.Zombies
7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b330).EXP
7.Days.to.Die.v1.0.(b332).EXP.b333.Hotfix
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Joke.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Outback.Roadies.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Preppocalypse.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Random.Wandering.Hordes.Mod
7.Days.to.Die.v21.2.(b37).Hotfix.with.Wild.West.Mod
UserDataFolder

(that's just to illustrate my comments below)~

I've read all the latest posts, for example ~

from schwanz9000 ~ "As of this post, B333 is B333 whether you're on Beta "None" or Beta "latest_experimental".  

from meganoth ~ "If it works like with every alpha before (and I think TFP said they would not change the method) then B333 is identical to stable. Just play and don't bother about that label "

etc etc. but i am still confused, and it's more that i'm also putting myself in the mindset of a newbie who's just purchased the game this afternoon (i'm in UK so was expecting Steam to jump into life downloading "1.0 Stable" anytime after 18:00 GMT), and even though i haven't provided screenshots of my above comments to make my points more coherent, those newbies won't think that 1.0 Stable is out yet. What i'm trying to say is that nothing i find online (pretend i'm one of those ficticious newbies) to say that 1.0 Stable is out. The ficticious newbies i elude to are seeing a mix of "1.0 Stable is out" and all these mentions of different versions of "1.0 Experimental" and "1.0 Experimental Hotfix"

I could have worded all that better with screenshots but hopefully it makes enough sense. After all these years of people hankering after Stable, the advertising of Stable isn't consistent or clear ; not a criticism by any means, i'm saying all this as if i was an external observer

Been playing this game for almost 2 years now, love it, play it most days; so i obviously follow the game's progress, the main forum threads etc, install and play each and every version that comes out;    but signed up as i (like some others have been posting in the last couple of hours) am confused re b333 and Stable. I've been thru all the Beta and non-Beta options in Steam, i'm familiar with all that; however the top right of the game screen still says (v1.0 b333), Steam's news page still only mentions v1.0 B332 EXP (b333 Hotfix).  i maintain different folder structures for each version, for example ~

UserDataFolder

(that's just to illustrate my comments below)~

from schwanz9000 ~ "As of this post, B333 is B333 whether you're on Beta "None" or Beta "latest_experimental".  

from meganoth ~ "If it works like with every alpha before (and I think TFP said they would not change the method) then B333 is identical to stable. Just play and don't bother about that label "

etc etc. but i am still confused, and it's more that i'm also putting myself in the mindset of a newbie who's just purchased the game this afternoon (i'm in UK so was expecting Steam to jump into life downloading "1.0 Stable" anytime after 18:00 GMT), and even though i haven't provided screenshots of my above comments, those newbies won't think that 1.0 Stable is out yet. What i'm trying to say is that nothing i find online (pretend i'm one of those ficticious newbies) to say that 1.0 Stable is out. The ficticious newbies i elude to are seeing a mix of "1.0 Stable is out" and all these mentions of different versions of "1.0 Experimental" and "1.0 Experimental Hotfix"

I could have worded all that better with screenshots but hopefully it makes enough sense. After all these years of people hankering after Stable, the advertising of Stable isn't consistent or clear ; not a criticism by any means, i'm saying all this as if i was an external observer

Been playing this game for almost 2 years now, love it, play it most days; so i obviously follow the game's progress, the main forum threads etc, install and play each and every version that comes out;    but signed up as i (like some others have been posting in the last couple of hours) am confused re b333 and Stable. I've been thru all the Beta and non-Beta options in Steam, i'm familiar with all that; however the top right of the game screen still says (v1.0 b333), Steam's news page still only mentions v1.0 B332 EXP (b333 Hotfix), i maintain different folder structures for each version, for example ~

UserDataFolder

etc etc. but i am still confused, and it's more that i'm also putting myself in the mindset of a newbie who's just purchased the game this afternoon (i'm in UK so was expecting Steam to jump into life downloading "1.0 Stable" anytime after 18:00 GMT), and even though i haven't provided screenshots of my above comments, those newbies won't think that 1.0 Stable is out yet. WHat i'm trying to say is that nothing i find online (pretend i'm one of those ficticious newbies) to say that 1.0 Stable is out. The ficticious newbies are seeing a mix of "1.0 Stable is out" and all these mentions of different versions of "1.0 Experimental" and "1.0 Experimental Hotfix"