Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
FramFramson

FramFramson

1 hour ago, DocRussel said:

For farming to be realistic, one crop harvest would always give one or more seeds but there would be a failure rate on crops, where a planted crop fails to fully grow.  So crop growth would be the variable, not seed drop.  If you really were a novice at farming, the failure rate would be much higher and you lose that seed.

Farming has always been pretty silly. Three days? Really?

There was a farming mod which gave larger rewards but greatly extended the growing time for plants to compensate. It also added a bit of a minigame where you can fuss over your plants (weeding, etc.) to get better yields but for the most part if you wanted to be lazy plants would still grow at a nominal yield though maybe a few days longer if you neglected them. If that's still functional in 1.0, I think I want to try a playthrough with that mod.

Last game I played I just refused to farm and it kept me poorer way longer since I was buying veg from traders - made money a lot tighter and more interesting, and while I was never starving, it did force me to make do with what I had more often, instead of just cranking out stacks and stacks of Meat Stew.

5 hours ago, POCKET951 said:

I wonder how many balance changes will be made to the armor set bonuses and various other things through the version 1.0 builds

I don't know, but if TFP don't rebalance some of the armour stats & bonuses you can bet there will be a mod that will.

I'm trying not to be mean, but like... adding stuff like the Preacher Gloves (but they are not the only OP damage add in the new armour system!) and then cranking zombie HP so that everyone is a dummy thicc bullet sponge was really a head-scratcher.

I know there's people who love to hate on TFP and I try not to just kneejerk complain, but those values just feel so amateurish, like some kid adding a blatantly OP god bat mod or something. Even acknowledging that this is just an experimental release, I kinda want to know what the hell happened? What talk was there in the office about these changes? How did they come out with these as the nominal results?

FramFramson

FramFramson

For farming to be realistic, one crop harvest would always give one or more seeds but there would be a failure rate on crops, where a planted crop fails to fully grow.  So crop growth would be the variable, not seed drop.  If you really were a novice at farming, the failure rate would be much higher and you lose that seed.

There was a farming mod which gave larger rewards but greatly extended the growing time for plants to compensate. It also added a bit of a minigame where you can fuss over your plants (weeding, etc.) to get better yields but for the most part if you wanted to be lazy plants would still grow at a nominal yield though maybe a few days longer if you neglected them. If that's still functional in 1.0, I think I want to try a playthrough with that mod.

Last game I played I just refused to farm and it kept me poorer way longer since I was buying veg from traders - made money a lot tighter and more interesting, and while I was never starving, it did force me to make do with what I had more often, instead of just cranking out stacks and stacks of Meat Stew.

I wonder how many balance changes will be made to the armor set bonuses and various other things through the version 1.0 builds

I don't know, but if TFP don't rebalance some of the armour stats & bonuses you can bet there will be a mod that will.

I'm trying not to be mean, but like... adding stuff like the Preacher Gloves (but they are not the only OP damage add in the new armour system!) and then cranking zombie HP so that everyone is dummy thicc was really a head-scratcher.

I know there's people who love to hate on TFP and I try not to just kneejerk complain, but those values just feel so amateurish, like some kid adding a blatantly OP god bat mod or something. Even acknowledging that this is just an experimental release, I kinda want to know what the hell happened? What talk was there in the office about these changes? How did they come out with these as the nominal results?

FramFramson

FramFramson

I'm trying not to be mean, but like... adding stuff like the Preacher Gloves (but they are not the only OP damage add in the new armour system!) and then cranking zombie HP so that everyone is dummy thicc was really a head-scratcher.

I know there's people who love to hate on TFP and I try not to just kneejerk complain, but those values just feel so amateurish, like some kid adding a blatantly OP god bat mod or something. Even acknowledging that this is just an experimental release, I kind of what to know what the hell happened? What talk was there in the office about these changes? How did they come out with these as the nominal results?

FramFramson

FramFramson

There was a farming mod which gave larger rewards but greatly extended the growing time for plants to compensate. It also added a bit of a minigame where you can fuss over your plants (weeding, etc.) to get better yields but for the most part if you wanted to be lazy plants would still grow at a nominal yield though maybe a few days longer if you neglected them.

If that's still functional in 1.0, I think I want to try a playthrough with that mod. Last game I played I just refused to farm and it kept me poorer way longer since I was buying veg from traders - made money a lot tighter and more interesting, and while I was never starving, it did force me to make do with what I had more often, instead of just cranking out stacks and stacks of Meat Stew.

I know there's people who love to hate on TFP and I try not to just kneejerk complain, but those values just feel so amateurish, like some kid adding a blatantly OP god bat mod or something. Even acknowledging that this is just an experimental release, I kind of what to know what the hell happened? What talk was there in the office about these changes? How did they come out with these as the nominal results?

FramFramson

FramFramson

There was a farming mod which gave larger rewards but greatly extended the growing time for plants to compensate. It also added a bit of a minigame where you can fuss over your plants (weeding, etc.) to get better yields but for the most part if you wanted to be lazy plants would still grow at a nominal yield though maybe a few days longer if you neglected them.

If that's still functional in 1.0, I think I want to try a playthrough with that mod. Last game I played I just refused to farm and it kept me poorer way longer since I was buying veg from traders - made money a lot tighter and more interesting, and while I was never starving, it did force me to make do with what I had more often, instead of just cranking out stacks and stacks of Meat Stew.

FramFramson

FramFramson

If that's still functional in 1.0, I think I want to try a playthrough with that mod. Last game I played I just refused to farm and it kept me poorer way longer since I was buying veg from traders - made money a lot tighter and more interesting!