Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

7 hours ago, faatal said:

Lathan has an RTX 3080 and was using 4k res with ultra preset and streaming. Not a combination for a great FPS, but they wanted highest quality, not FPS. Opaque glass is also not going opaque right now, so no occlusion for objects behind it, which loses some FPS.

I use a 3070ti with high preset and find it works best at 1440 with the new FSR Ultra setting. Better FPS and quality than at 4k with FSR High, but people will have to experiment for what works best for them.

1. Can you share your graphics settings?
2. What CPU do you and Lathan have?
3. Has the game in 1.0 become a better utilisation of CPU and GPU? Right now, they are being used rather reluctantly.
4. Do you use graphics jobs for yourself? I always play with GJ as it doesn't cause any problems for me.
5. Can you guess how much time it would cost to implement Ray Tracing and thus HDRP into the game? I realise this will never happen, but I'd still like to know how difficult it is to do specifically for 7 DTD, what it would take to do it and what opportunities it (HDRP) would give the developers, how it could affect the game.
Also would like to know what you think about the performance of 7 DTD with RT. For example, reflections. Right now they work very wrong, as it's impossible to make a dynamic cube map for each block (hardly any computer can survive that). What about RT reflections? It seems to me that they could solve this issue with adequate performance loss.
I'm just curious about the difficulties of lighting performance in fully dynamic worlds, since you can't use baked lighting in 7 DTD, and dynamic methods have a lot of limitations and problems compared to RT. Also, for such a small team it would probably be very difficult to create quality dynamic lighting without RT.

Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

3 hours ago, faatal said:

Lathan has an RTX 3080 and was using 4k res with ultra preset and streaming. Not a combination for a great FPS, but they wanted highest quality, not FPS. Opaque glass is also not going opaque right now, so no occlusion for objects behind it, which loses some FPS.

I use a 3070ti with high preset and find it works best at 1440 with the new FSR Ultra setting. Better FPS and quality than at 4k with FSR High, but people will have to experiment for what works best for them.

1. Can you share your graphics settings?
2. What is your CPU?
3. Has the game in 1.0 become a better utilisation of CPU and GPU? Right now, they are being used rather reluctantly.
4. Do you use graphics jobs for yourself? I always play with GJ as it doesn't cause any problems for me.
5. Can you guess how much time it would cost to implement Ray Tracing and thus HDRP into the game? I realise this will never happen, but I'd still like to know how difficult it is to do specifically for 7 DTD, what it would take to do it and what opportunities it (HDRP) would give the developers, how it could affect the game.
Also would like to know what you think about the performance of 7 DTD with RT. For example, reflections. Right now they work very wrong, as it's impossible to make a dynamic cube map for each block (hardly any computer can survive that). What about RT reflections? It seems to me that they could solve this issue with adequate performance loss.
I'm just curious about the difficulties of lighting performance in fully dynamic worlds, since you can't use baked lighting in 7 DTD, and dynamic methods have a lot of limitations and problems compared to RT. Also, for such a small team it would probably be very difficult to create quality dynamic lighting without RT.