Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

11 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Fair enough.  Most are in-have transactions intended to get you to buy something while playing when you are invested in whatever you are doing.  Price is small enough for each item to make it seem cheap so you will buy one, then another, and another, until as you said, they pay many times the cost of the game itself.  And yes, I would agree that if they sold a single outfit as a DLC, I would probably consider it a microtransaction even if sold outside of the game.

Either way, calling a classic DLC a microtransaction is nothing more than sensationalism intended to get a rise out of people.

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of additional purchase, like I call dlcs microtransactions too, but thats just me. And then I call major additions expansions. I haven't thought that much about it, I guess the meaning is different. To me, a cosmetic ingame purchase is pretty much the same thing as a cosmetic dlc, at least in terms of how much I dislike them 😅

User

User

9 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Fair enough.  Most are in-have transactions intended to get you to buy something while playing when you are invested in whatever you are doing.  Price is small enough for each item to make it seem cheap so you will buy one, then another, and another, until as you said, they pay many times the cost of the game itself.  And yes, I would agree that if they sold a single outfit as a DLC, I would probably consider it a microtransaction even if sold outside of the game.

Either way, calling a classic DLC a microtransaction is nothing more than sensationalism intended to get a rise out of people.

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of additional purchase, like I call dlcs microtransactions too, but thats just me. And then I call major additions expansions. I haven't thought that much about it, I guess the meaning is different. To me, a cosmetic ingame purchase is pretty much the same thing as a cosmetic dlc, at least in therms of how much I dislike them 😅

User

User

9 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of additional purchase, like I call dlcs microtransactions too, but thats just me. And then I call major additions expansions. I haven't thought that much about it, I guess the meaning is different 😅

User

User

8 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of additional purchase, like I call dlcs microtransactions too, but thats just me. And then I call major additions expansions. I haven't thought that much about it, sorry 😅

User

User

4 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of additional purchase, like I call dlcs microtransactions too, but thats just me 😅

User

User

1 minute ago, Riamus said:

Huh. Honestly, I always used the word microtransaction just meant any kind of ingame purchase, like I call dlcs and expansions microtransactions too, but thats just me 😅