Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

17 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

This sudden release is obvious, its called placebo effect and throwing sand in your eyes (yet again). The 1.0 release is half of what alpha 22 was originally meant to be, but give it some pretty pictures and word it nicely and it looks like the next coming of christ. This is just to get your eyes off the fact it has been 11 years in alpha, so the word alpha is no longer present and they can finally call it "post launch updates". 

Truth is, they preferred spending time on HD assets and making the game more "twitch interactive" rather than focusing on what is easily the two biggest kickstarter promises, story and bandits. After making it all pretty for 11 years, they finally begin AI work for bandits instead of slowly doing it over time. (note that I personally don't care about bandits or story, I'm just pointing it out).

Could've worried about graphical fidelty as the final detail, and extra content as post-launch updates, since no one ever played 7 days for the graphics in the slightest.

And it's honestly hilarious that there's talk of DLC before the bandits even get into the game. I'm already expecting the hate train to this post, but greed once again is plaguing the industry, and The Fun Pimps are no different, no matter how much praise you give them. I love 7 days to die, I don't love the decisions and vibes that the team started giving after A16.

Honestly, the twitch integration thing always seemed redundant to me. I don't know why they added it, seems more like something that should be added post release, if at all.

I agree about the dlc. Espescially given like you said- the game isn't finished. Doesn't seem very fair to add.

The art assets confuse me as well. I figured and hoped they would redo some of the old very noticeable textures, like some of the ground textures, textures transparent at certain angles, tree models & textures, etc, but it's been mostly pallets and crates and random props that I've seen so far. I also personally don't see why they needed jiggle physics on models in the first place but thats just me, having a floppy belly or gore pieces really don't add anything imo 😅

I think there was something to be said for the old graphics too. Something about lower detail models with the fog and sounds of the old versions made it scarier to watch and play imo.

I can agree with you there, I don't care a ton for bandits or the story, I just mentioned them since they've been pushed quite a few times now.

User

User

8 minutes ago, RhinoW said:

This sudden release is obvious, its called placebo effect and throwing sand in your eyes (yet again). The 1.0 release is half of what alpha 22 was originally meant to be, but give it some pretty pictures and word it nicely and it looks like the next coming of christ. This is just to get your eyes off the fact it has been 11 years in alpha, so the word alpha is no longer present and they can finally call it "post launch updates". 

Truth is, they preferred spending time on HD assets and making the game more "twitch interactive" rather than focusing on what is easily the two biggest kickstarter promises, story and bandits. After making it all pretty for 11 years, they finally begin AI work for bandits instead of slowly doing it over time. (note that I personally don't care about bandits or story, I'm just pointing it out).

Could've worried about graphical fidelty as the final detail, and extra content as post-launch updates, since no one ever played 7 days for the graphics in the slightest.

And it's honestly hilarious that there's talk of DLC before the bandits even get into the game. I'm already expecting the hate train to this post, but greed once again is plaguing the industry, and The Fun Pimps are no different, no matter how much praise you give them. I love 7 days to die, I don't love the decisions and vibes that the team started giving after A16.

Honestly, the twitch integration thing always seemed redundant to me. I don't know why they added it, seems more like something that should be added post release, if at all.

I agree about the dlc. Espescially given like you said- the game isn't finished. Doesn't seem very fair to add.

The art assets confuse me as well. I figured and hoped they would redo some of the old very noticeable textures, like some of the ground textures, textures transparent at certain angles, tree models & textures, etc, but it's been mostly pallets and crates and random props that I've seen so far. I also personally don't see why they needed jiggle physics on models in the first place but thats just me, having a floppy belly or gore pieces really don't add anything imo 😅

I think there was something to be said for the old graphics too. Something about lower detail models with the fog and sounds of the old versions made it scarier to watch and play imo.

I can agree with you there, I don't really play the game for bandits or the story, I just mentioned them since they've been pushed quite a few times now.