Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

32 minutes ago, Riamus said:

This is unfortunate.  It is a loss of character customization.  Sure, the bonus from these items was nice, but being able to customize the look of your character is sometimes more important. 

If you are getting rid of all these customization items, not to mention all the clothing options, please at least consider an ability to change how stuff you are wearing looks.  Many games give you this option these days and it is a great way to allow customization without needing to have a ton of items.  You had a semblance of it before with being able to change hats to look like ball caps, cowboy hats, etc by using a mod.  If you give each item a customization slot that lets you choose a good variety of options that aren't necessarily items that are in the game anymore (or ever), it would at least not lead to everyone being exactly the same.  Note that I am not referring to the dye slot.  You should have both, imo.

Yes, it means you need art for these things, but you can use the old art.  And yes, it means that maybe someone is getting a bonus for the lumberjack set out whatever set and yet look like they should not be getting that bonus because of how they look, but is that really a problem?

I don't have stats on it, but I have a string feeling that character customization is one of the top requested/wanted features in any game that has a player character you can see on screen.

Yeah, lighting is definitely backwards.  If I stand in a bright spot while I'm a dark room, it should be harder to see in the dark spaces, not easier.  If I stand in a shadow, it shouldn't make the brightly lit spaces around me harder to see.

Yeah, I agree.

The thing that weirdly bothers me though, what even is a "strength mod"? Is it just going to be a unexplained mod that boosts strength for no reason? I think it made at least a little bit more sense to have like, certain pieces of clothing/accessories give certain bonuses, like how shades gave perception, not just a item for the sake of a stat boost without any kind of reasoning. It'd feel weird to me if instead of shades, we had more of these mods which are literally just "perception mod" or something. I don't know, it's hard to explain.

User

User

31 minutes ago, Riamus said:

This is unfortunate.  It is a loss of character customization.  Sure, the bonus from these items was nice, but being able to customize the look of your character is sometimes more important. 

If you are getting rid of all these customization items, not to mention all the clothing options, please at least consider an ability to change how stuff you are wearing looks.  Many games give you this option these days and it is a great way to allow customization without needing to have a ton of items.  You had a semblance of it before with being able to change hats to look like ball caps, cowboy hats, etc by using a mod.  If you give each item a customization slot that lets you choose a good variety of options that aren't necessarily items that are in the game anymore (or ever), it would at least not lead to everyone being exactly the same.  Note that I am not referring to the dye slot.  You should have both, imo.

Yes, it means you need art for these things, but you can use the old art.  And yes, it means that maybe someone is getting a bonus for the lumberjack set out whatever set and yet look like they should not be getting that bonus because of how they look, but is that really a problem?

I don't have stats on it, but I have a string feeling that character customization is one of the top requested/wanted features in any game that has a player character you can see on screen.

Yeah, lighting is definitely backwards.  If I stand in a bright spot while I'm a dark room, it should be harder to see in the dark spaces, not easier.  If I stand in a shadow, it shouldn't make the brightly lit spaces around me harder to see.

Yeah, I agree.

The thing that weirdly bothers me though, what even is a "strength mod"? Is it just going to be a unexplained mod that boosts strength for no reason? I think it made at least a little bit more sense to have like, certain pieces of clothing/accessories give certain bonuses, not just an item for the sake of a stat boost.

User

User

29 minutes ago, Riamus said:

Yeah, I agree.

The thing that weirdly bothers me though, what even is a "strength mod"? Is it just going to be a unexplained mod that boosts strength for no reason? I think it made at least a little bit more sense to have like, certain pieces of clothing give certain bonuses, not just an item for the sake of a stat boost.