Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
User

User

So, given this new information that armor sets will have the set bonuses, is mixing and matching armor pieces going to be worthwhile? I don't really like the thought of using a full set always being better then using a mix, is there some overlap? Will there be some additional considerations to armor choice? I just think these small decisions in games (like deciding between say- a chestpiece that has 50 defense vs one that has 30, but resists a status effect), are fun. I'm worried set bonuses would have an impact on variety/choice. Main concern is needing to carry around armor sets for various tasks due to the set bonuses likely being highly impactful. Could be wrong though, this is merely speculation since I haven't played myself. I just hope it turns out to be fun.

Based on some videos I've seen, lighting looks better. The new zombie albedo variants look pretty good.

It's nice to see gloves on the character's hands. New block placing animation by the looks of it.

Looks like there are 4 armor pieces, head, gloves, pants, feet. Doesn't look like there's any others. The armor pieces still have quality. Not sure what this means for the temperature system, but it looks like none of the old clothing items are returning? That's only an assumption based on what I've seen, since there dont appear to be other slots.

Saw an item called an "armor crafting kit" from another stream's videos. I assume you might require that to make armors.

I also saw a youtube video from pax that had the "legendary parts" in a crafting recipe. Honestly, not sure how I feel about that.

I really hope they make it so the yellow lines on the roads aren't solid objects anymore. It's been like that for a while.

Also, seems a bit weird to me that a cigar is a mod, not like, a seperate slot for an accessory. Not a big deal though.

Not sure if I'm allowed to put in photos of the video I saw from pax so I'll hold off on that for now.

User

User

So, given this new information that armor sets will have the set bonuses, is mixing and matching armor pieces going to be worthwhile? I don't really like the thought of using a full set always being better then using a mix, is there some overlap? Will there be some additional considerations to armor choice? I just think these small decisions in games (like deciding between say- a chestpiece that has 50 defense vs one that has 30, but resists a status effect), are fun. I'm worried set bonuses would have an impact on variety/choice. Main concern is needing to carry around armor sets for various tasks due to the set bonuses likely being highly impactful. Could be wrong though, this is merely speculation since I haven't played myself. I just hope it turns out to be fun.

Based on some videos I've seen, lighting looks better. The new zombie albedo variants look pretty good.

It's nice to see gloves on the character's hands. New block placing animation by the looks of it.

Looks like there are 4 armor pieces, head, gloves, pants, feet. Doesn't look like there's any others. The armor pieces still have quality. Not sure what this means for the temperature system, but it looks like none of the old clothing items are returning? That's only an assumption based on what I've seen, since there dont appear to be other slots.

Saw an item called an "armor crafting kit" from another stream's videos. I assume you might require that to make armors.

I'm still kind of hoping for less dungeon style poi's, in all honesty. Empty ones with an open layout were always atmospheric to me in the old versions. Not like they didnt have main loot, but they didnt have a chest at the end, and one correct path.

I also saw a youtube video from pax that had the "legendary parts" in a crafting recipe. Honestly, not sure how I feel about that.

I really hope they make it so the yellow lines on the roads aren't solid objects anymore. It's been like that for a while.

Also, seems a bit weird to me that a cigar is a mod, not like, a seperate slot for an accessory. Not a big deal though.

Not sure if I'm allowed to put in photos of the video I saw from pax so I'll hold off on that for now.

User

User

So, given this new information that armor sets will have the set bonuses, is mixing and matching armor pieces going to be worthwhile? I don't really like the thought of one set being perfect for a given task, is there some overlap? Will there be some additional considerations to armor choice? I just think these small decisions in games (like deciding between say- a chestpiece that has 50 defense vs one that has 30, but resists a status effect), are fun. I'm worried set bonuses would have an impact on variety/choice. Main concern is needing to carry around armor sets for various tasks due to the set bonuses likely being highly impactful. Could be wrong though, this is merely speculation since I haven't played myself. I just hope it turns out to be fun.

I'm still kind of hoping for less dungeon style poi's, in all honesty. Empty ones with an open layout were always atmospheric to me in the old versions. Not like they didnt have main loot, but they didnt have a chest at the end, and one correct path.

User

User

So, given this new information that armor sets will have the set bonuses, is mixing and matching armor pieces going to be worthwhile? I don't really like the thought of one set being perfect for a given task, is there some overlap? Will there be some additional considerations to armor choice? I just think these small decisions in games (like deciding between say- a chestpiece that has 50 defense vs one that has 30, but resists a status effect), are fun. I'm worried set bonuses would have an impact on variety/choice. Main concern is needing to carry around armor sets for various tasks due to the set bonuses likely being highly impactful. Could be wrong though, this is jsut speculation since I haven't played myself. I just hope it turns out to be fun.

User

User

So, given this new information that armor sets will have the set bonuses, is mixing and matching armor pieces going to be worthwhile? I don't really like the thought of one set being perfect for a given task, is there some overlap? Will there be some additional considerations to armor choice? I just think these small decisions in games (like deciding between say- a chestpiece that has 50 defense vs one that has 30, but resists a status effect), are a lot more engaging than just having one objective best choice at all times. Main concern is needing to carry around armor sets for various tasks due to the set bonuses likely being highly impactful. Could be wrong though, this is jsut speculation since I haven't played myself.

User

User

So, given this new information that armor sets will have the set bonuses, is mixing and matching armor pieces going to be worthwhile? I don't really like the thought of one set being perfect for a given task, is there some overlap? Will there be some additional considerations to armor choice? I just think these small decisions in games (like deciding between say- a chestpiece that has 50 defense vs one that has 30, but resists a status effect), are a lot more engaging than just having one objective best choice at all times.