Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

20 hours ago, faatal said:

Vehicles physics may get minor tweaks, but they should not be getting any major changes. Sounds have not changed. No UI changes in 22.

1. Physics and sounds of transport. You were referring specifically to alpha 22, right? (Sorry, I just didn't quite understand and would like to clarify.)
2. What are the chances after updating the engine to get DX 12 and full Vulkan support in A22 or in future versions? After all, there are probably still some problems in this regard.
3. What is the expected performance gain from the new APIs if they are implemented? Maybe there have already been some tests on the new version of the engine?
4. Will all new animal models get new animations in Alpha 22?
5. What about adding not only the shadow range setting, but also their quality? For example, using mods, you can reduce the number of shadow cascades to 2, so that ultra+ shadows are not much worse than high shadows in performance, but the drawing range is significantly longer. At the same time, the quality of the shadows does not drop too much. Yes, it may not look very good, but I think it's better than tall shadows that lack drawing range. Ultra and ultra+ shadows strongly affect performance, at least on not the most powerful systems, which makes playing with such settings uncomfortable until the number of cascades is reduced to 2. It seems to me that this is a good intermediate option so that everyone can choose what is more important to them — range or quality, and choose the best option for their preferences and their performance.
6. I would also like to hope that the contact shadows will be a separate setting and that it can be adjusted regardless of the other settings.
7. I would just like to thank you very much for your work and your answers and forum posts. It's really nice that you always keep in touch with the community, answer questions from the players, give some news and details. Good luck to you and the whole team!

Chaton Noir

Chaton Noir

20 hours ago, faatal said:

Vehicles physics may get minor tweaks, but they should not be getting any major changes. Sounds have not changed. No UI changes in 22.

1. Physics and sounds of transport. You were referring specifically to alpha 22, right? (Sorry, I just didn't quite understand and would like to clarify.)
2. What are the chances after updating the engine to get DX 12 and full Vulkan support in A22 or in future versions? After all, there are probably still some problems in this regard.
3. What is the expected performance gain from the new APIs if they are implemented? Maybe there have already been some tests on the new version of the engine?
4. Will all new animal models get new animations in Alpha 22?
5. What about adding not only the shadow range setting, but also their quality? For example, using mods, you can reduce the number of shadow cascades to 2, so that ultra+ shadows are not much worse than high shadows in performance, but the drawing range is significantly longer. At the same time, the quality of the shadows does not drop too much. Yes, it may not look very good, but I think it's better than tall shadows that lack drawing range. Ultra and ultra+ shadows strongly affect performance, at least on not the most powerful systems, which makes playing with such settings uncomfortable until the number of cascades is reduced to 2. It seems to me that this is a good intermediate option so that everyone can choose what is more important to them — range or quality, and choose the best option for their preferences and their performance.
7. I would also like to hope that the contact shadows will be a separate setting and that it can be adjusted regardless of the other settings.
8. I would just like to thank you very much for your work and your answers and forum posts. It's really nice that you always keep in touch with the community, answer questions from the players, give some news and details. Good luck to you and the whole team!