Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

On 9/7/2024 at 4:42 PM, optimus0 said:

thanks so much for the mod

is compatible with https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4067 Black Wolf's better vanilla perks_?

if not what should i edit to make it so?

All the changes would be in the progression.xml and Localization.txt files. The progression file for learn by use is divided into two sections. The first part (about lines 1-1000) is the learn by use code that specifies the amount to give per level of damage, stamina etc for each Perk. The second part (about 1000-EOF) is the game Perk code that has been changed to halve all of the damage, stamina etc. stats. So learn by use adds stuff in the first part of the file but it also edits the existing Perk code to reduce the stats by half in the second half.

The better vanilla perks (BVP) mod ADDS functionality to each Perk and it also CHANGES the default stamina, damage etc .

I've had a look at the code and its fairly straightforward but time consuming to adapt the learn-by-use (LBU) progression.xml file for use with the Better Vanilla Perks mod. I've started working through it to see what it would take and its a fair chunk of work. The Localization.txt file for learn-by-use would also need to change.

If you would like to try it yourself you would:

- for each perk that is inserted (after line 1000 in the progression.xml file.

- find the corresponding entry in the BetterVanillaPerks (BVP) progression.xml file.

- there will be 2 entries for each. An 'append'  and a 'set'  

- everything inside the append tags should be copied and pasted into the corresponding LBU inserted game Perk (after line 1000) dont copy the <append> tags

- everything inside the <set> tags should be updated/changed (added if its not there already) in the corresponding code entries in the LBU progression.xml file.  Call this SET B.

- in the SET B code that you updated you now have new Localisation tags for the descriptions of the BVPs perk listings. These need to be copied into the LBU Localization.txt file. It will also need to be modified to display properly (the BVP Localization.txt doesnt follow the normal format). But you can see the format from the other entries in the LBU Localization.txt file no problem.

The code at the top of the LBU progression.xml file (code before line 1000) has half the stamina, damage etc. stats.  (SET A)

The SET A entries need to be reviewed to make sure the totals are still half the total values of the SET B stats if they changed.

Once the SET A code reflects half the corresponding SET B stats, you then need to also halve those corresponding stats in SET B.

This is so that SETA(Total Stamina at level 50) + SETB(total Stamina level 5 Perk investment) = total combined Stamina stat for that Perk.

Rough Example:

- If BVP PerkArchery gave 10 extra Stamina per Perk level = total 50 stamina @ level 5. (50 is the maximum available)

- LBU_archery SET A should then give 0-25 stamina over 50 levels (or 0.5 extra stamina per LBU level) = total 25 stamina @ level 50 (25 is max as its half 50)

- SETB (BVP PerkArchery) then reduced by half to give 5 extra Stamina per level = total 25 stamina @ level 5

- SETA + SETB = total 50 stamina extra when maxed.

You will also need to update the new entries you added to the LBU Localization.txt file to reflect those BVP stats that were reduced by half. (the stats in SET B)

As mentioned, more time consuming than anything else.

I'll probably fiddle with it myself as I've started but am doing final testing on another mod at the moment.

Also, just to note that this is a change to the LBU mod, and if the BVP mod loads after the LBU mod then it will overwrite the 'SET B changes that were set to half' with the code from BVP progression.xml. It wont affect the SET A code. If this happens you will have:

SETA(Total Stamina at level 50) + SETB(default perk stamina total from BVP progression.xml) = 1.5 total combined Stamina stat for that Perk.

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

is compatible with https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/4067 Black Wolf's better vanilla perks_?

All the changes would be in the progression.xml and Localization.txt files. The progression file for learn by use is divided into two sections. The first part (about lines 1-1000) is the learn by use code that specifies the amount to give per level of damage, stamina etc for each Perk. The second part (about 1000-EOF) is the game Perk code that has been changed to halve all of the damage, stamina etc. stats. So learn by use adds stuff in the first part of the file but it also edits the existing Perk code to reduce the stats by half in the second half.

The better vanilla perks (BVP) mod ADDS functionality to each Perk and it also CHANGES the default stamina, damage etc .

I've had a look at the code and its fairly straightforward but time consuming to adapt the learn-by-use (LBU) progression.xml file for use with the Better Vanilla Perks mod. I've started working through it to see what it would take and its a fair chunk of work. The Localization.txt file for learn-by-use would also need to change.

- find the corresponding entry in the BetterVanillaPerks (BVP) progression.xml file.

- everything inside the append tags should be copied and pasted into the corresponding LBU inserted game Perk (after line 1000) dont copy the <append> tags

- everything inside the <set> tags should be updated/changed (added if its not there already) in the corresponding code entries in the LBU progression.xml file.  Call this SET B.

- in the SET B code that you updated you now have new Localisation tags for the descriptions of the BVPs perk listings. These need to be copied into the LBU Localization.txt file. It will also need to be modified to display properly (the BVP Localization.txt doesnt follow the normal format). But you can see the format from the other entries in the LBU Localization.txt file no problem.

The code at the top of the LBU progression.xml file (code before line 1000) has half the stamina, damage etc. stats.  (SET A)

The SET A entries need to be reviewed to make sure the totals are still half the total values of the SET B stats if they changed.

Once the SET A code reflects half the corresponding SET B stats, you then need to also halve those corresponding stats in SET B.

This is so that SETA(Total Stamina at level 50) + SETB(total Stamina level 5 Perk investment) = total combined Stamina stat for that Perk.

Rough Example:

- If BVP PerkArchery gave 10 extra Stamina per Perk level = total 50 stamina @ level 5. (50 is the maximum available)

- LBU_archery SET A should then give 0-25 stamina over 50 levels (or 0.5 extra stamina per LBU level) = total 25 stamina @ level 50 (25 is max as its half 50)

- SETB (BVP PerkArchery) then changed to give 5 extra Stamina per level = total 25 stamina @ level 5

You will also need to update the new entries you added to the LBU Localization.txt file to reflect those BVP stats that were reduced by half. (the stats in SET B)

I'll probably fiddle with it myself as I've started but am doing final testing on another mod at the moment.

Also, just to note that this is a change to the LBU mod, and if the BVP mod loads after the LBU mod then it will overwrite the 'SET B changes that were set to half' with the code from BVP progression.xml. It wont affect the SET A code. If this happens you will have:

SETA(Total Stamina at level 50) + SETB(default perk stamina total from BVP progression.xml) = 1.5 total combined Stamina stat for that Perk.

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

Rough Example:

- LBU SET A should then give 0-25 stamina over 50 levels (or 0.5 extra stamina per LBU level) = total 25 stamina @ level 50 (25 is max as its half 50)

- SETB (BVP PerkArchery) then changed to give 5 extra Stamina per level = total 25 stamina @ level 5

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

The code a the top of the LBU progression.xml file (code before line 1000) has half the stamina, damage etc. stats.  (SET A)

The STATS A entries need to be reviewed to make sure the totals are still half the total values of the SET B stats if they changed.

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

The code a the top of the LBU progression.xml file (code before line 1000) has half the stamina, damage etc. stats.  (SET A)

The STATS A entries need to be reviewed to make sure the totals are still half the total values of the SET B stats if they changed.

Also, just to note that this is a change to the LBU mod if the BVP mod loads after the LBU mod then it will overwrite the SET B changes that were set to half with the code from BVP progression.xml. It wont affect the SET A code. If this happens you will have:

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

Also, just to note that this is a change to the LBU mod if the BVP mod loads after the LBU mod then it will overwrite the SET B changes that were set to half with the code from BVP progression.xml. It wont affect the SET A code. If this happens you will have:

This is so that SETA(Total Stamina at level 50) + SETB(default perk stamina total from BVP progression.xml) = 1.5 total combined Stamina stat for that Perk.

Cheers

JoeSloeMoe

JoeSloeMoe

Cheers