Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
LordSoth01

LordSoth01

On 10/2/2024 at 3:02 AM, Riamus said:

Yeah, I tried that.  It didn't do much.  The only thing that made any noticeable difference was the resolution... and that wasn't a lot.  I might play around some more with the settings later but it just didn't seem to make much difference.

What I've noticed when having various mods with better textures is that, within a certain area around you... "x" number of items get the full fx treatment, and some will get the blurred fx treatment, depending on how many assets are trying to load in an area and how much video ram its trying to use by loading all that within an area.
It's not always the same objects, as it can change up like your pictures... something that was high res once might be an item that gets the low res treatment if other assets are loaded with higher resolutions and vice versa... same applies to anything from rocks to vehicles.

Just depends on how much you have running, how high those graphic resolutions are and how much vram they consume and how much your video card can process and hold as far as video ram is concerned.  Been an ongoing thing for a long time and certainly not just this game.

LordSoth01

LordSoth01

On 10/2/2024 at 3:02 AM, Riamus said:

Yeah, I tried that.  It didn't do much.  The only thing that made any noticeable difference was the resolution... and that wasn't a lot.  I might play around some more with the settings later but it just didn't seem to make much difference.

What I've noticed when having various mods with better textures is that, within a certain area around you... "x" number of items get the full fx treatment, and some will get the blurred fx treatment, depending on how many assets are trying to load in an area and how much video ram its trying to use by loading all that within an area.
It's not always the same objects, as it can change up like your pictures... something that was high res once might be an item that gets the low res treatment if other assets are loaded with higher resolutions and vice versa... same applies to anything from rocks to vehicles.

Just depends on how much you have running, how high those graphic resolutions are and how much vram they consume and how much your video card can process and hold as far as video ram is concerned.  Been an ongoing thing for a long time and certainly not just this game.