Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
jjh5874

jjh5874

Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been on the Reddit a lot and it seems over there the view is that the change was made to prevent cheese bases, the new ai makes the game harder and more fun in some ways.

but, to me at least, you can’t beat the old feeling of that chunky house with defences like mote+spike and mine fields being more effective where the zombies came from all directions and didn’t take the weakest route and you could have a roof or multiple balconies you’d have to dart between to kill off zombies before they did too much damage to one side of the base or too many built up (the new ai is definitely better for path finding in stuff like POIs though), ah well, unless someone manages to integrate the old ai as a mod or at least work an ai task in that charges towards the player attempting to break blocks in the way if there’s no clear path change within a few blocks that it’s never happening.

looking forward to the bandit and other npc integration though! Saw the old bandit and survivors with the debug menu of a previous alpha and they seemed like fun new enemies/allies.

jjh5874

jjh5874

Thanks for the clarification! I’ve been on the Reddit a lot and it seems over there the view is that the change was made to prevent cheese bases, the new ai makes the game harder and more fun in some ways.

but, to me at least, you can’t beat the old feeling of that chunky house with defences like mote+spike and mine fields being more effective where the zombies came from all directions and didn’t take the weakest route and you could have a roof or multiple balconies you’d have to dart between to kill off zombies before they did too much damage to one side of the base or doo many built up (the new ai is definitely better for path finding in stuff like POIs though)