Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf

On 8/4/2024 at 1:52 PM, stich196 said:

Hi. I found out that part from Master Chef perk not working at all - "Food and drinks are 50% more effective". From this description i assumed, that values "Food, Health and Drink" from consumed food should be multiplied by that percent. However it's not working in current version. So i tinkered mod by myself and it's now working as intended - i changed buff buffMasterChef as follow and now values multiplying:

<buff name="buffMasterChef" hidden="true" remove_on_death="false">
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkMasterChef" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="multiply" value="1.1">
				<requirement name="ItemHasTags" tags="food,drinks"/>
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.1">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.1">
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkMasterChef" operation="Equals" value="2"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="multiply" value="1.3">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.3">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.3">
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkMasterChef" operation="Equals" value="3"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="multiply" value="1.5">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.5">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.5">
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

Please, check it by yourself and update mod if needed.

I am already aware that this doesn't work, and honestly i have no idea on how to fix it, i'll try to make it work, if unable, i will probably remove it.

Also, this code structure seems to be from an older version of the mod.

2 hours ago, stich196 said:

Also, there's probably an unintentional bug - at level 4 and 5 perk DeepCuts you can craft +1 max lvl knifes. So, in other words - at late game tier 7 knifes. However, they're inferior to tier 6 anyway, so it's better to just remove this line from code:

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="4,5" value="1" tags="perkDeepCuts"/>

And my personal advice: if you need to change individual values - just change only them, don't copy/paste entire effect_group (i'm talking about long_desc_key right now, but i think it might apply to most of the code). Firstly - it might cause other mods which use same group to not work properly (at least if they loaded before your mod); and secondly - its pain in the a** to recheck every single line of code when new game version came out (especially if you have hundreds of them).

I did try to replace only the descriptions but i couldn't figure out the code that would do it.

Therefore, that's what you will get, nobody cared enough to help me when i needed it, so i had to find my own solution. 

The crafting tier is probably some remaining code of when i tried to make another mod work after 1.0 experimental released, will be removed in the next update.

Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf

Hi. I found out that part from Master Chef perk not working at all - "Food and drinks are 50% more effective". From this description i assumed, that values "Food, Health and Drink" from consumed food should be multiplied by that percent. However it's not working in current version. So i tinkered mod by myself and it's now working as intended - i changed buff buffMasterChef as follow and now values multiplying:

<effect_group>
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkMasterChef" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="multiply" value="1.1">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.1">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.1">
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkMasterChef" operation="Equals" value="2"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="multiply" value="1.3">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.3">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.3">
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
			<requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkMasterChef" operation="Equals" value="3"/>
		</requirements>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="foodHealthAmount" operation="multiply" value="1.5">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$foodAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.5">
			</triggered_effect>
			<triggered_effect trigger="onSelfPrimaryActionEnd" action="ModifyCVar" cvar="$waterAmountAdd" operation="multiply" value="1.5">
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

I am already aware that this doesn't work, and honestly i have no idea on how to fix it, i will probably remove it.

Also, there's probably an unintentional bug - at level 4 and 5 perk DeepCuts you can craft +1 max lvl knifes. So, in other words - at late game tier 7 knifes. However, they're inferior to tier 6 anyway, so it's better to just remove this line from code:

<passive_effect name="CraftingTier" operation="base_add" level="4,5" value="1" tags="perkDeepCuts"/>

And my personal advice: if you need to change individual values - just change only them, don't copy/paste entire effect_group (i'm talking about long_desc_key right now, but i think it might apply to most of the code). Firstly - it might cause other mods which use same group to not work properly (at least if they loaded before your mod); and secondly - its pain in the a** to recheck every single line of code when new game version came out (especially if you have hundreds of them).

I did try to replace only the descriptions but i couldn't figure out the code that would do it.

Therefore, that's what you will get, nobody cared enough to help me when i needed it, so i had to find my own solution. 

The crafting tier is probably some remaining code of when i tried to make another mod work after 1.0 experimental released, will be removed in the next update.

Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf

<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

I am already aware that this doesn't work, and honestly i have no idea on how to fix it, i will probably remove it.

The crafting tier is probably some remaining code of when i tried to make another mod work after 1.0 experimental released.

Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf

<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

The crafting tier is probably some remaining code of when i tried to make another mod work after 1.0 experimental released.

Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf

<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

Black_Wolf

Black_Wolf

<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
	<effect_group>
		<requirements>
		</requirements>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
			</triggered_effect>
	</effect_group>
</buff>

That's what you will get, nobody cared enough to help me when i needed it, so i had to find my own solution.