Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
Arez

Arez

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

Since I changed a setting on my monitor 2 days ago it could have been for that reason though, or both.

I don't think it's placebo...it might be, but I just got finished playing on A21.2 for some hours and at the end I switched over to A21.1 to show someone a house I built, and I noticed that it did not look as nice. I don't know how to explain it. There's a subtle classiness to the visuals of A21.2. I could be fooling myself, but I don't think so. Also, reflections in windows and such look better too. Really good.

But...there's something wrong with the shadows. I've only noticed it when talking to Joel though. The shadows on him look as if I turned the setting all the way down. They're kinda blocky and shifty. 

5 hours ago, Rotor said:

If they start using the GPU more often, is definitely a game changer.

You can do that right now if you swap your boot.config file out for the one that has the lines of code to push things to the GPU. There's the "Yakov Performance Mod" you can find on Nexus mods. It's not a traditional 7 Days mod. It's a Unity thing, that is officially being used in other big games like Tarkov. 

On A21.1, I ran some benchmarks with MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner and it most certainly improves framerates and works the GPU harder. 

I did the test in the desert city on Navezgane.

Without mod - Min FPS = 71 | Avg FPS = 135 | Max FPS = 221 | 1% lows = 47 FPS

With mod - Min FPS = 104 | Avg FPS = 161 | Max FPS = 248 | 1% lows = 54 FPS

I haven't gotten to that city yet on my A21.2 run. I might just start up a test save to run a new benchmark and see if the 1% and 0.1% lows improve.

Arez

Arez

5 hours ago, meganoth said:

Since I changed a setting on my monitor 2 days ago it could have been for that reason though, or both.

I don't think it's placebo...it might be, but I just got finished playing on A21.2 for some hours and at the end I switched over to A21.1 to show someone a house I built, and I noticed that it did not look as nice. I don't know how to explain it. There's a subtle classiness to the visuals of A21.2. I could be fooling myself, but I don't think so. Also, reflections in windows and such look better too. Really good.

But...there's something wrong with the shadows. I've only noticed it when talking to Joel though. The shadows on him look as if I turned the setting all the way down. Their kinda blocky and shifty. 

5 hours ago, Rotor said:

If they start using the GPU more often, is definitely a game changer.

You can do that right now if you swap your boot.config file out for the one that has the lines of code to push things to the GPU. There's the "Yakov Performance Mod" you can find on Nexus mods. It's not a traditional 7 Days mod. It's a Unity thing, that is officially being used in other big games like Tarkov. 

On A21.1, I ran some benchmarks with MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner and it most certainly improves framerates and works the GPU harder. 

I did the test in the desert city on Navezgane.

Without mod - Min FPS = 71 | Avg FPS = 135 | Max FPS = 221 | 1% lows = 47 FPS

With mod - Min FPS = 104 | Avg FPS = 161 | Max FPS = 248 | 1% lows = 54 FPS

I haven't gotten to that city yet on my A21.2 run. I might just start up a test save to run a new benchmark and see if the 1% and 0.1% lows improve.