Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
KaldaraFox

KaldaraFox

12 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Your game port is on 27015 and telnet is connecting on 25017, which is a port that the game needs. So

move one or the other.

That sounds really authoritative and correct-ish, but how does it explain the two servers that are still running with the same basic pattern of ports (27015, 27018, 27021, 27024 with appropriate bumps in the other ports/port ranges)?

How does it explain that two days ago this server was running with the same configuration (just a different map and an older save) prior to deleting it and recreating it?

I'm not being argumentative. I just want to understand what is actually going on.

27015 was working for months. I deleted the server yesterday to make a new one and it stopped working.

Something obviously changed. I'm trying to find out what and who is responsible (the server management software support folks say it's TFP - I find that hard to believe - but I need facts that I can prove to push back with them).

Did Steam change something on their end that only affects newly defined servers (the other two servers are older - one on the order of three weeks, one around six weeks.

These are my current port assignments.

If I need to make changes to Server 1 or 2 I can do that risk-free.

Servers 3 and 4 are currently running and I'm loathe to make any changes there without phone support to fix them if they break.

https://imgur.com/a/ohCSDrt

Do I just need to change Server 1's ports (put them up above the Server 4 port numbers?s

If so, is the process....

1) Add port forwarding for 27027, 27043, 27044, 27045 to my router
2) On the Ubuntu Linux LTS box, issue

sudo ufw allow 27027

(followed by a similar command for each of the other ports).

I'm kinda new to Linux command line stuff. I've been a GUI user for a bit, but messing with command line stuff makes me nervous.

KaldaraFox

KaldaraFox

11 hours ago, Beelzybub said:

Your game port is on 27015 and telnet is connecting on 25017, which is a port that the game needs. So

move one or the other.

That sounds really authoritative and correct-ish, but how does it explain the two servers that are still running with the same basic pattern of ports (27015, 27018, 27021, 27024 with appropriate bumps in the other ports/port ranges)?

How does it explain that two days ago this server was running with the same configuration (just a different map and an older save) prior to deleting it and recreating it?

I'm not being argumentative. I just want to understand what is actually going on.

27015 was working for months. I deleted the server yesterday to make a new one and it stopped working.

Something obviously changed. I'm trying to find out what and who is responsible (the server management software support folks say it's TFP - I find that hard to believe - but I need facts that I can prove to push back with them).

Did Steam change something on their end that only affects newly defined servers (the other two servers are older - one on the order of three weeks, one around six weeks.

Servers 3 and 4 are currently running and I'm loathe to make any changes there without phone support to fix them if they break.

Do I just need to change Server 1's ports (put them up above the Server 4 port numbers?

KaldaraFox

KaldaraFox

move one or the other.

Something obviously changed. I'm trying to find out what and who is responsible (the server management software support folks say it'sTFP - I find that hard to believe - but I need facts that I can prove to push back with them).

Do I just need to change Server 1's ports (put them up above the Server 4 port numbers?

KaldaraFox

KaldaraFox

move one or the other.

Something obviously changed. I'm trying to find out what and who is responsible (the server management software support folks say it TFP - I find that hard to believe - but I need facts that I can prove to push back with them).