Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
KaldaraFox

KaldaraFox

Added some stuff.

Alpha 21.1 Stable

I run four servers on a dedicated Linux box that does nothing but this.

They've been running well.

Today I took down and deleted two of the servers to replace them with custom maps and fresh start 7DTD games.

When the first of those two servers reported that it was up and running, I attempted to log in to the game to verify that all went well and got a "Could Not Retrieve Server Information" message. Checking the log file (https://pastebin.com/2iWZsMng (lines with my server address have been removed - otherwise this is unchanged) I found that the server crashed during login and restarted.

I tried a number of different times including deleting the instance, doing a hardware restart, reconstructing the instance, and logging back in.

No joy. This log file is the result of that last attempt.

The Discord channel offered some help (yours, not AMP's - they're insisting this is a Game Dev issue, nothing to do with them and they're pretty . . . let's be polite and say "firm" about that) from SylenThunder, but he may have gone dark for the evening as he stopped responding when I reported that the last suggestion failed to solve the problem. I don't know what time zone he's in and it's early evening for me (Midwest US).

He did say that some sockets are still being held open.

I deleted the instance, did a hardware restart, and rebuilt the instance and started it and it still failed.

I'm unclear how "sockets" (like I know what those are <grin>) are still open after that. Who or what is holding them (assuming that's the issue)? How do I get it/them to release them?

I've got about 20 people who play on my servers and right now half of them are down and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can fix this. If this isn't the right place to ask, please point me to where the right place is.

ETA: Literally nothing changed other than the map I was using between deletion of the old instance and the creation of the new one. I even tried deleting that and making a pure vanilla one - no addons other than the ones that come with the server that allow interaction with Twitch and the Navesgane map. No joy.

I haven't changed my port assignments. Heck, I haven't even updated Linux in a week.

Two nights ago this worked just fine. Now it's so broken that I've lost half my servers and I've got a dozen people wondering when they'll get back in.

KaldaraFox

KaldaraFox

Alpha 21.1 Stable

I run four servers on a dedicated Linux box that does nothing but this.

They've been running well.

Today I took down and deleted two of the servers to replace them with custom maps and fresh start 7DTD games.

When the first of those two servers reported that it was up and running, I attempted to log in to the game to verify that all went well and got a "Could Not Retrieve Server Information" message. Checking the log file (https://pastebin.com/2iWZsMng (lines with my server address have been removed - otherwise this is unchanged) I found that the server crashed during login and restarted.

I tried a number of different times including deleting the instance, doing a hardware restart, reconstructing the instance, and logging back in.

No joy. This log file is the result of that last attempt.

The Discord channel offered some help (yours, not AMP's - they're insisting this is a Game Dev issue, nothing to do with them and they're pretty . . . let's be polite and say "firm" about that) from SylenThunder, but he may have gone dark for the evening as he stopped responding when I reported that the last suggestion failed to solve the problem. I don't know what time zone he's in and it's early evening for me (Midwest US).

He did say that some sockets are still being held open.

I deleted the instance, did a hardware restart, and rebuilt the instance and started it and it still failed.

I'm unclear how "sockets" (like I know what those are <grin>) are still open after that. Who or what is holding them (assuming that's the issue)? How do I get it/them to release them?

I've got about 20 people who play on my servers and right now half of them are down and there doesn't seem to be anyone who can fix this. If this isn't the right place to ask, please point me to where the right place is.