Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
usHallgrim

usHallgrim

1 hour ago, lordneg said:

How about only dropping lvl one anything in loot? an add on later would be only dropping stuff after a certain player lvl. 

Short answer: If I understand what you want that would be way too big of a project to cut my teeth on. I'm doing something similar but with toolboxes only right now and I'm stuck.

But I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for? You mean a level one player might get tier 6 auger, a tier 6 sniper rifle, just everything in the loot table is available to you no matter what level the player is? Oh I see I think you mean I should be able to get T1 auger and T1 sniper rifle at player level one? Yeah, that's still too big of a big project for my current skill set.

If that's what you are saying that is a mod that I would like to see. I mean for a certain player like myself, a tier 6 drop should be rare but available to everybody. Lots of people probably don't like that, but that's okay this is your mod. For myself, once I get tier 5 everything the playthrough starts to get stale and I think there has to be a better way to extend the freshness of a playthrough. Anyway, that's neither here nor there, just some thoughts on the topic.

Anyway, there may be a simple way to do something like what you are asking but I don't know a simple way. In my opinion the loot tables are probably some of the most complicated. There's lootgroups within lootgroups within lootgroups it seems. On top of that you have loot_tier_quality that has to be addressed, and not sure if you can just rip that out or you'd have to move everything into the same loot quality. There's a lot of items and you are talking, I think, about tweaking each one and tweaking one is not so easy. In fact, I'm working on just getting it so that handtools have a reasonable chance of spawning for toolchests. I don't understand TFP thinking on this, but you have a high probability of pulling cloth out of a tool chest and a very low probability of getting a handtool. Now, I've had a lot of toolchests, been in a lot of toolchests of other folks, heck I used to be the supply guy that filled the mechanics toolboxes and chests with tools for the Air Force, and I personally found it very likely to find wrenches, ratchets, impact drivers, and what not in a tool chest and very unlikely to find cloth, I don't know any mechanics that keep greasy rags in their toolchest. They might have some high quality paper towels and maybe some emery cloth... WHOOPS got off on another tangent. Sorry.

But yeah, my goal is to ease you into leaning how to mod, and this project while I think it's doable it would be big for me with my current skill set.

usHallgrim

usHallgrim

25 minutes ago, lordneg said:

How about only dropping lvl one anything in loot? an add on later would be only dropping stuff after a certain player lvl. 

Short answer: If I understand what you want that would be way too big of a project to cut my teeth on. I'm doing something similar but with toolboxes only right now and I'm stuck.

But I'm not 100% sure what you are asking for? You mean a level one player might get tier 6 auger, a tier 6 sniper rifle, just everything in the loot table is available to you no matter what level the player is?

If that's what you are saying that is a mod that I would like to see. I mean for a certain player like myself, a tier 6 drop should be rare but available to everybody. Lots of people probably don't like that, but that's okay this is your mod. For myself, once I get tier 5 everything the playthrough starts to get stale and I think there has to be a better way to extend the freshness of a playthrough. Anyway, that's neither here nor there, just some thoughts on the topic.

Anyway, there may be a simple way to do something like what you are asking but I don't know a simple way. In my opinion the loot tables are probably some of the most complicated. There's lootgroups within lootgroups within lootgroups it seems. On top of that you have loot_tier_quality that has to be addressed, and not sure if you can just rip that out or you'd have to move everything into the same loot quality. There's a lot of items and you are talking, I think, about tweaking each one and tweaking one is not so easy. In fact, I'm working on just getting it so that handtools have a reasonable chance of spawning for toolchests. I don't understand TFP thinking on this, but you have a high probability of pulling cloth out of a tool chest and a very low probability of getting a handtool. Now, I've had a lot of toolchests, been in a lot of toolchests of other folks, heck I used to be the supply guy that filled the mechanics toolboxes and chests with tools for the Air Force, and I personally found it very likely to find wrenches, ratchets, impact drivers, and what not in a tool chest and very unlikely to find cloth, I don't know any mechanics that keep greasy rags in their toolchest. They might have some high quality paper towels and maybe some emery cloth... WHOOPS got off on another tangent. Sorry.

But yeah, my goal is to ease you into leaning how to mod, and this project while I think it's doable it would be big for me with my current skill set.

Oh I see I think you mean I should be able to get T1 auger and T1 sniper rifle at player level one? Yeah, that's still too big of a big project for my current skill set.