Edit History

Please note that revisions older than 365 days are pruned and will no longer show here
RStarphoenix

RStarphoenix

On 10/19/2023 at 3:54 AM, Old Crow said:

Here's an idea to add a little realism and perhaps some engagement: Bring back glass jars.

Believe it or not, glass jars and empty cans were a resource hit. Having the game keep track of those thousands of extra bits of data hurts. While people miss the jars the definitely should remain a thing of the past.

But the idea of doing more with murky water I agree on, along with several other items that are one-off uses.

Murky water should still be a component of crafting somehow, there are things in this game it would make sense to use in. Glue is still a good choice.

22 hours ago, Gamida said:

I thought it was mentioned sometime ago that you could have a possible chance to get a filter in a broken dew collector in the world? Maybe that was in some mod. Was long ago so I don't remember.

From doing a test and teleporting to every POI that I found had a dew collector that was salvageable, you can get a filter but you do need some lucky looter + eye candy + lucky goggles. I did it 10 times as a level 1 character & 10 times w/ max perks + boosts (not a good enough sampling for high level accuracy but it at least gave me a baseline); without perks/bonuses i was averaging about 23 broken dew collectors to 1 filter; with max lucky looter + all available perk eq/candies I was able to see 1 filter after every 14-ish broken dew collectors.

20 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Yep, there's maybe 6 POIs in the entire game with lootable dew collectors and they have something like a .25% chance to drop a filter.  Basically, it's nigh impossible to get them without the trader (or a mod that lets you craft them.)

not impossible but exceedingly tedious from me running it the combined 20 times

RStarphoenix

RStarphoenix

On 10/19/2023 at 3:54 AM, Old Crow said:

Here's an idea to add a little realism and perhaps some engagement: Bring back glass jars.

Believe it or not, glass jars and empty cans were a resource hit. Having the game keep track of those thousands of extra bits of data hurts. While people miss the jars the definitely should remain a thing of the past.

But the idea of doing more with murky water I agree on, along with several other items that are one-off uses.

Murky water should still be a component of crafting somehow, there are things in this game it would make sense to use in.

22 hours ago, Gamida said:

I thought it was mentioned sometime ago that you could have a possible chance to get a filter in a broken dew collector in the world? Maybe that was in some mod. Was long ago so I don't remember.

From doing a test and teleporting to every POI that I found had a dew collector that was salvageable, you can get a filter but you do need some lucky looter + eye candy + lucky goggles. I did it 10 times (not a good enough sampling for high level accuracy but it at least gave me a baseline); without perks/bonuses i was averaging about 23 broken dew collectors to 1 filter; with max lucky looter + all available perk eq/candies I was able to see 1 filter after every 14-ish broken dew collectors.

20 hours ago, Vaeliorin said:

Yep, there's maybe 6 POIs in the entire game with lootable dew collectors and they have something like a .25% chance to drop a filter.  Basically, it's nigh impossible to get them without the trader (or a mod that lets you craft them.)

not impossible but exceedingly tedious from me running it the combined 20 times